Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro Cameras

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Pro Cameras

Are any Aper's using one, if so which one and how do you find it.

Thanks in Advance.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We , "Liquidboulevard" Got one , The GoPro HERO3 (Black Edition) from here Roosta : http://www.camerasdirect.com.au/gopr...-black-edition
    Last edited by William; 05-02-2013 at 9:06pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my son a GoPro 2 Motorsports edition for Chrissy. He loves it and has produced some great videos with him BMX and mountain bike riding, skateboarding and jetskiing. I thought I'd like one for my x sports. Was looking around when I got an email from Kogan advertising the AEE Magicam SD21 for exactly half the price of the GoPro.

http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/aee-magi...sports-camera/

Now thing is, the Magicam comes with a LCD screen ($100 extra for GoPro), remote control ($80 extra for GoPro) a full 100m dive housing ($70 extra for GoPro) and to top it off, a battery Bacpac ($70 extra for GoPro). So, buy the GoPro for $300 and add $320 for the extras. The Magicam cost me $165 with all the extras, delivered!!

I just had my 1st play with it and when compared to the GoPro footage, there is nothing in it. It will record at 1080i 50fps (the GoPro 2 can't do this, only 25fps) and 1080p 25fps. It comes with a few mounts and other mounts can be purchased if needed.

For the money you simply can't go wrong.
    Cheers,
    Ian

All the 7's: D700, D7000, D70

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Warbler; 05-02-2013 at 9:47pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your call Roosta, But most around here ( Gold Coast) Want or have the GoPro HERO3 : Look here this is ours : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfaHRnlIcAI

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ausphotography site advertiser, cheapchips sells them too
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoc View Post
    Was looking around when I got an email from Kogan advertising the AEE Magicam SD21 for exactly half the price of the GoPro.

http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/aee-magi...sports-camera/
    Ta very muchly for that link Ian, just ordered 2 after reading a few assessments on them.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No probs whatsoever Andrew. Glad I could help. Brilliant bang for your buck, you can't go wrong.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been toying with the notion of buying one of these for a while, but the problem is that I don't currently have a practical use for it.

Perhaps the next time we're in Africa I'll mount a couple of them on the outside of vehicle and see what I can do.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's just not that clear cut, thanks for all the reply's above. Warbler, thanks for the Youtube links, will check them out when I get home, as our network is too slow up here at work with all the users on.

Thanks for the heads up Epoc, looks the goods too?

Will, Thanks for the Youtube link mate.

No I'm more confused.

I was looking at fitting it to my Harley when I go out for a ride, and also for the kids riding there bikes - 4wding and what ever else.

The Sony gets some good wraps, might have to go and see the whole package and way up costs as Epoc has pointed out.

I don't need it for deep diving nor extreme sports, so it's good the Magicam has it all standard. Editing software might be a thought though?

Thanks again all.

Rick, had already looked into Cheapchips, as I've purchased all my cards and readers through them. Might have to see if they sell the competitors to the GoPro.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more to further muddy the waters Roosta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34D4pOHpJs

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    One more to further muddy the waters Roosta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34D4pOHpJs
    Thanks again, the more info the merrier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a lot of dirt bike and road bike riding and I have the gopro first edition the ability to 720 @ 60 fps and then use twixtor in premier or after effect to slow mo is awesome .And they take a beating lots of crashes and still going strong .The only down side with the one I have is 2 hours recording time .So I carry a spare battery and 32gb sd card .I think with the new edition 3 its got a remote and better quality audio they are a great camera.That's why everyone doing extreme sport use them ,well almost everyone . I had the wayne Gardener 20/20 before the gopro and that had to be used with a tankbag and video camera so I love the portability of the gopro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a hero 2 for over a year and now have a hero 3 black edition. You will kick yourself if buy anything else besides having more video modes, better low light performance then its competitors the best thing in my opinion is the 30fps burst mode, easily my most used setting.

the hero 3 has a lot less distortion then the 2 did and with the camera set on narrow FOV it is perfect almost like the footage from my DSLR.

One more thing 720 @ 120 fps is great!

Plus the wifi remote is great, the app is great for setting up shots removes the need for the LCD ( although i have never felt the need for it )
    Last edited by nwhc; 07-02-2013 at 2:27pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone have any sample still images from a GoPro hero 3 (silver edition) by any chance (or a link where i can see some, i cant seem to find any)? Just wanting to see what the quality is like and whether i would need to go out and buy a seperate Waterproof P&S or could just get away with just grabbing the LCD backpack and using the GoPro.

Sorry for the slight segway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these are from my hero 2, the 3 silver would be even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    The Sony gets some good wraps, might have to go and see the whole package and way up costs as Epoc has pointed out.
    I would avoid the sony it has a 16 megapixel sensor but only captures 2 megapixels stills? who knows why they would do that.

Here is a good review of the best cams. http://www.cnet.com.au/best-action-a...396.htm#image0

This is the 4th generation of gopros they know what they are doing, 4k, 2.7k, 1440, 1080 @60fps, 720 @120fps, WVGA @ 240 fps, 30fps 12 megapixels stills, Amazing bang for your buck. There have been plenty of cheap nock offs over the years and they all fail.

I use mine everyday it has enabled me to capture family moments that would have been impossible with a normal camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've been thinking about one of these as a fun bit of kit to muck about with and also as a replacement for our aging Sony Handicam ...
    Last edited by Darvidanoar; 09-02-2013 at 12:59am.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thiought these type of cameras shot jpegs as well as movies, but the Kogan one only seems to do movies. Am I reading something wrong? the price is very tempting.
    Last edited by Analog6; 09-02-2013 at 9:33am.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I thiought these type of cameras shot jpegs as well as movies, but the Kogan one only seems to do movies. Am I reading something wrong? the price is very tempting.
    It definitely does stills. 8mp jpegs, 3200x2400.
    Last edited by Epoc; 09-02-2013 at 1:12pm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast