User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: New lens has just arrived

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New lens has just arrived

Oh yeah, I have taken delivery of a AF Micro Nikkor lens ED 200mm f/4 D IF it has been on the hit list for a while. If I can afford to I still want to buy a 135mm f/2 DC and a 24-70 f/2.8 which I believe is a great all round lens. I was a little surprised by just how sensitive the focus is on these lenses moving a fraction of an inch means the difference between in focus and out. I can see lots of experimentation here. I get the feeling that there is going to be so much to learn, but hey I now have tool in my tool kit that I can use to create / capture some interesting images. Looking forward to posting soon

Kind Regards
    Livio

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done you! My 200 f4 is probably the best performing lens I own, and not just great for macro shots but a useful general purpose tele lens too.

I also hanker after a DC lens, though it's the 105 I most want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new lens 105 dc is on my Lust list as well.
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AF200/4 is among the sharpest Nikkor lenses. It also has zero distortion and zero CA with excellent sharpness edge to edge. One great thing about it for macro work, is the large rubberised focus ring, as manual focus on the lens is geared exceptionally well giving so much control. Due to the large change in the focus point with small movement at macro distances, it really helps to obtain precise focus.

This lens is one of the most recent additions to my kit, although I have had it almost 18 months, but I rarely use it and even then almost exclusively for macro given I have the 200mm length well covered with other lenses.
    As Jim said above, it makes a super sharp tele as well, some use it for portraits, but be careful on mature ladies, they get nasty when their wrinkles stick out like a sore thumb

Seeing your post reminds me how I really should go and find a reason to use it much more being the great lens it is.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats and well done. Mongo knows this to be a very good lens with ED element and great specs as Wayne has said. Mongo likes to use it manual predecessor the 200mm f4 AI-s macro and finds it excellent.

Mongo wants to see its product - so take some images when you can and shows. Mongo would be very interested.
    Last edited by mongo; 15-03-2013 at 6:43pm.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I use mostly Canon at the moment I do know it to be a desirable lens and I appreciate your excitement. It was on my "bucket list" before I switched.
    Hope you have a ball.