User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oh boy is this going to have opinions or what!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand war? Ffft! I'm a Canon man but brands mean nothing when you start thinking about ditching the fine and graceful art of still photography in order to take up that godless evil, low-brow moving pictures rubbish. Canon, Nikon, who cares? Use a Pentax if you have to, just so long as you take real photographs!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Brand war? Ffft! I'm a Canon man but brands mean nothing when you start thinking about ditching the fine and graceful art of still photography in order to take up that godless evil, low-brow moving pictures rubbish. Canon, Nikon, who cares? Use a Pentax if you have to, just so long as you take real photographs!
    I agree 100% with you on that! heck even use an iPhone to take quality shots! ok maybe not that far..
    Life is short, Keep snapping!
    CC always welcome
    Nikon D5100 | Nikon D7100 | Bits and pieces. | Some glass here and there.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because most motion pictures are rubbish doesn't mean the art isn't worth something. After all, most still pictures are rubbish too.
    You just have to know when the capture of time really means something.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Just because most motion pictures are rubbish doesn't mean the art isn't worth something. After all, most still pictures are rubbish too.
    You just have to know when the capture of time really means something.
    Yep, it's also what meaning it has to certain people, the atmosphere it creates. Not always necessarily the quality of the pic. Just received a gift form my sister today, it is a book called 'a day in the world' Barely any of the pictures in there are of quality. Yet it shows what is happening everyday around the world, from everyday people living their lives to the poor in Africa, sleeping living on the streets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvid View Post
    So....

First of all.. i'm a nikon kid. Second of all, canon seems good as well..
    now i think you know where this is headed.
    Actually, I don't.

As much as i love nikon and their interface.. I also really do like the video side of things.. which i know, canon is a great successor in. I also do like the prices.. I am using a Nikon D5100 currently and the quality of it isn't cutting it for me anymore. (been about a year and a half and really wanting to upgrade)

All my friends have canon's (650D) and the more i see them and use them a bit.. i regret that i actually am beginning to like them, even after the amount of bragging i've done about how nikon is not saying they are not!!

I've been looking at the Canon 7D and it seems great. The only thing stopping me is, I have a Tamron 90 macro that is obviously for a nikon mount.. though i'll still be keeping the d5100 so it could still be used and perhaps all my friends will say.. i told you so! not that that matters at all
    With that mindset, you will forever blame your gear for scenes captured rather than asking yourself, 'With my current gear on me, how can I acheive this?'. I suggest you start thinking more about technique and ideas than worrying about gear with your friends. Do you look at images on the net and go "Wow! That was shot with a Nikon D4 obviously!" No? Nobody does.

I don't know.. I need opinions, Is it worth the change? Should I even be thinking about this?
    If you have to ask, the answer is no.

Let the brand war begin! - joking
    I don't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewvid View Post
    I agree 100% with you on that! heck even use an iPhone to take quality shots! ok maybe not that far..
    Sometimes the best camera is the one you have on you, which is for most people their smartphone.

I took this a few mornings ago on my iPhone 4, I wouldn't say the quality is terrible;

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not blaming my gear, It takes some pretty decent shot as is, if the photos it can produce are good enough to have some sales, then hey, it's great. But as i always say and many others, it's what's behind the camera that brings these photos to life. All i'm really looking for is an Upgrade that will allow me to handle certain conditions better than the current one does.. and perhaps better functionality. But as you said in which i agree, look at what you can achieve with what you have.

As for the iPhone, It's a great camera, the quality is great and take photos everywhere i go with this device

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well!!! after much waiting! i now have something to wait for! the newly released Nikon D7100! excited i am! now... a job... hmm... what ya guys think about this new beauty?
    http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pro...tTabs-Overview

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the D7100 will have a few advantages over the D5100 in terms of video capability. I can't tell you how much better it'll be .. but at least the price is more approachable for 'ya.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Obviously the D7100 will have a few advantages over the D5100 in terms of video capability. I can't tell you how much better it'll be .. but at least the price is more approachable for 'ya.
    Price.. oh boy it looks good. again, I'm more into photography than video any day, was just looking for an option that would have much capability in both.. it is about time nikon adds manual controls to live view though! or so i read it has....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123