User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sth East Qld Flooding and Tornados ..... Stay safe everyone

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a whopping lot of rain kaiser and thanks for taking the time to get those photos it may make some people think twice..

You are so right Odille and its a shame some people don't listen as they will never hear again..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we made it through as well.. stuck in our house for 2 and a bit days. both ends of our street were flooded, one end with 6 and a half metres of water, and one end with just a metre, still it was enough to keep us in. I saw some absolutely STUPID things while we were stuck in here.... one guy, decided that it would be a wonderful time to get in his car, and do circle work in the interesction near our house.. great idea buddy.. you go mate.. crash and then complain to who ever will listen about the emergency services not being able to get in... Same dude, 2nd night, 1 metre of water, decides to tackle the water in his car, at 80km/hr .... WITH HIS TWO SMALL KIDS IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, he sure copped a mouthful from me.. couldn't see it from my point of view, if he'd have floated away, it would have been left up to us, his neighbours to save his kids. I took photos, and have handed them over to the police, in the hopes that they'll do something. just too stupid for words.
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG! The stupidity of the human race never ceases to amaze me If a hiker can be charged for recklessly endangering his life (and those of rescue peeps) for going on a 2 day hike with only 1Kg of potatoes (and something else) and getting lost, then this dude deserves to have the book thrown at him. Good on you for following up on this idiots stupidity, cheers Deb

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its great to hear you have all come through this, although there has been so much damage and loss.
    Its heartbreaking and at times overwhelming when you start the clean-up and at times you feel you will never get to the end of it .... But you do and often with new friendships, respect for mother nature, awe for the resilience and stoicism of people.
    There will always be the idiots who not only risk their own lives but the lives of others, and they don't learn until disaster is actually on their doorstep, and even then some never get it.
    Things can be replaced & gardens regrow ( I know from experience ) Family and loved ones ..... Thats what matters and they cant be replaced.
    All the best to each and everyone of you ..... May the weather gods be kind
    Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was born in Bundaberg and have seen a few local floods but never thought I would see the major flooding and destruction resulting from the rainy remnants of a cyclone. Of course, the high speed wind gusts, tornados and torrential rain weren't expected either...

Only today have all major access restrictions been lifted and residents allowed full access to the devastated areas of the city...
    Last edited by flashc; 06-02-2013 at 2:48am.
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12