I currently have a Canon 60D (will be stuck with this for a while) and predominately use my 50mm 1.8. I have a 18-55 Kit Lens but I quickly learnt that it doesn't generate the best photos.
I am now in the process where I would like to do an upgrade. After reading many forums and talking to a photographer friend and also a couple of stores I'm no closer to making an informed decision.
I was adamant only a few days ago that I was going to purchase a 100mm 2.8 L Series but I've since been told that it's not an 'everyday' lens and the focal length with drive me bananas.
My dream is to ultimately start my own business focusing on newborns, children and families. This will mean indoor and outdoor work. As well as upclose and distance.
My current line of thought is to have the versatility I'm looking for I will probably need to have at least 2 lenses and I was looking at the 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8. Not sure of the following though:-
- Are these lenses difference enough to warrant purchasing them both?
- Reviews that I've read mention that they work well in dim environments (85mm especially). Will these lenses work well out in bright sunlight?
Any advice would be great!
Also, I've tried to post some photos on the Critique forum but I keep getting an error message saying that my image size is too big. What's the easiest way to reduce the size without comprising quality?