Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watermarking

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As promised I have posted a photo with the watermark I made up.
    Before some say it is too in your face I can make it smaller and clearer to see through.
    I put it up there so it could be easily seen.
    I have posted it here, .
    :CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE - Members' Photos:.:OTHER::Sundry = A drip in the tap
    The photo is on the there for the watermark so this means it is really not a shot to display but it is a good photo it is only there to hold the watermark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! Never seen that before!

I have simple wording that i use for FB, and it sometimes gets onto images here but not on purpose. I have seen some watermarks that are
    1. silly
    2. babyish (great for kids stuff but that is all)
    3. HUGE (not like our guest though)
    4. hard to read (I would like to know their name so I can find them again)
    5. a symbol....who are you??

So, I am trying to work out myself a nice, simple, easy to read, elegant watermark that represents ME! Boy, is that hard! So, my very simple wording will do for now...... even coming up with a name is sooooooo hard....so my very simple name will do for now too!!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the choice to watermark or not is a personal one, I believe there are a couple of big problems here...

In my opinion you should never place a watermark across the subjects face in a portrait. To me it seems to show a lack of respect for the subject (to a degree anyway...). Secondly, the photographer has created thumbnails from the watermarked images. In the thumbnails it's hard to make out the watermark, it just makes the thumbnail look crappy. I normally wouldn't bother opening any of the full-size images based on the thumbnails shown.

If you want to add a watermark purely for recognition (and not for theft prevention) you could always add a border and place the watermark in the border - this leaves the image 'clean'. (Although strictly speaking it's probably not called a 'watermark' in this case).

Cheers.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    So, I am trying to work out myself a nice, simple, easy to read, elegant watermark that represents ME! Boy, is that hard! So, my very simple wording will do for now...... even coming up with a name is sooooooo hard....
    yup 100% agree there Ms Monny, I'm in the same boat.. my forum "tag" is not what I would use as a water mark.. but I don't like just my name either :P
    Hi I'm Mark - See me on Flikr or Google+
    Feel free to make comments or give me advice.. also to add me to your social network
    Using Canon 650D and Lenses: Canon EF 85mm 1.8, EF 50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i give proofs to a client I watermark across the middle of the photograph. When i give them the final image i put a small water mark (same one) on one of the corners (more for advertising).
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12