User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Right angle viewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right angle viewer

I was looking to buy a right angle viewer for taking my down to earth macro shots. When I looked into it, for an extra couple of hundred dollars, I could get a new body with variable screen. My question is, would a 18mp 660d or 60d take better macro photos than my 12mp 450d. If so, is there any advantage for the 60d over the 660d. I already own a 7d, but always have my bird lens on that, and by the time I change lens the insect has gone.
    Cheers Jan

My Gear - Canon 450D, 7D, 60D. Lens - EF-100mm f/2.8L Macro, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, EF 400 5.6L, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, kit lens, twin flash, 580 Flash, monopod and tripod. Lots to learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and Yes is the quick answer , Better than the 450D and 60D over the 660D
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks William. That is what I thought. Look out shops, here I come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandy, something else to consider is a DIY external monitor. I've made one for a few things and has come in handy when I can't actually get to the view finder in awkard spots.

I built mine for about $40. It looks a touch ghetto but it does the job.

Cheers.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Brandy, something else to consider is a DIY external monitor. I've made one for a few things and has come in handy when I can't actually get to the view finder in awkard spots.

I built mine for about $40. It looks a touch ghetto but it does the job.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the link Mikec, but that still doesn't get away from my 450d, which I really wanted to upgrade. After reading the link, seems more than I could do. I am still trying to figure how to make simple diffusers for my twin light flash. Think I will stick to my original plan.

i do appreciate your suggestion. Thanks