User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: HELP! LR exporing problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP! LR exporing problems

Having massive trouble working out export from LR into a small enough size JPG.

They done read on one DVD player yet they read on another.. (wedding photo's which were needed like yesterday).. average size of exported JPG is 8MB which to me seems VERY large.
    I cant put 57 images on a CD (I have 544 images)
    Last edited by Warren Ackary; 19-01-2013 at 5:41pm. Reason: Typo
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warren. I can't help with Lightroom at all - but Rick did, I see - but I would just ask one thing.
    8MB jpegs on a DVD? How will the clients be viewing them? I recently put some even smaller jpegs on a DVD for somebody and it took AGES
    just to load on their DVD-player-hooked-to-a-TV. I did the same on our like machine. They were both not old players.
    On the computer DVD they took a bit less to load and view.

Just wondering.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regard to DVDs playing on some machines but not others. One possibility is DVD format, ie DVD +/-R

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/...sExplained.asp
    Cass
    I switched my camera off auto in November 2012, and I have been busy reading and learning and practicing ever since.
    My kit is basic: Canon 1000D (two kit lenses) + 50mm f/1.8 + a tripod/monopod + Lightroom4

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Ackary View Post
    Having massive trouble working out export from LR into a small enough size JPG.

They done read on one DVD player yet they read on another.. ......
    Futher to what's already been said, naming of each file can be critical too!

Some (usually older) DVD players don't like files names longer than 8 characters, and other DVD players may not be able to read spaces or other non standard characters, and yet others can read all manner of file names.

So if your files were originally named DSC_0001(which is 8 characters long!) and you renamed them to Bill and Betty's wedding 01-04-1901 ceremony.jpg then of course the long file names and or spaces can also cause issues.

... just a thought.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that was one of the things we didnt think about to be honest. Basically we were trying to tell a story of the day from start to finish.
    Took the images down to KBS yet the file name was as follows: Merchant Wedding 12/01/2013 (not exactly 8 characters ) Anyway the burnt CD was strange to say the least.. on the Laptop it was all in sequence but on both TV's it was out.. we purchase DVD+R's but in the end after 7 (yes 7) days of frustration we went back to burning all files onto a CD (also a second one for the Matron of Honour) and put the high res in MB on an 8GB USB Drive.

I printed out a shot I took and put it in a frame as a "Mantlepiece" shot... ,must say it looks good. I would love to do one again (on my own as my wife said its her 1st & last) but I will try and get some more experience as a 2nd shooter as that was alot of the problem.. NOT knowing exactly what to shoot and what not to shoot.
    I did say to the wife that we are giving the couple 200 images more than what most give (we are giving 553). Sorry I didnt come in and read these threads earlier in the week... the editing was taking up all our time and turning us on each other