User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: macro Clamps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

macro Clamps

I hope this is the right place to post .Does anyone know where I might purchase some clamps to hold plants and things to photograph them .Sort of like this ( http://www.amazon.com/Field-Macro-Su.../dp/B006QMWG08 )however with a clamp on both ends prefer to buy in Australia .Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I dont think this is the right place The Out Of Focus Forum is more for this type of post..

What do you need clamps for, I use pegs, butterfly clips that plastic coated wire, string, and my left hand while holding the camera in my right.
    Bunnings and places like that will sell those kinds of things that will help you tie back stems they will probably look different though you will find them there.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    No I dont think this is the right place The Out Of Focus Forum is more for this type of post..

What do you need clamps for, I use pegs, butterfly clips that plastic coated wire, string, and my left hand while holding the camera in my right.
    Bunnings and places like that will sell those kinds of things that will help you tie back stems they will probably look different though you will find them there.
    The main reason is I only have 2 hands so if I wanted to hold a reflector and steady a flower in the breeze then these things come in handy .I was after a specific item, as I dont want to damage the plant .I have seen these in action (video Tutorials ) and they seem to work fantastic .oh and how do I move this post .
    Last edited by bladesp2; 17-01-2013 at 3:29pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wimberely plamps are great http://www.tripodhead.com/products/plamp-main.cfm they also have ones with a spike for digging into the ground. available in Australia here http://www.camerasdirect.com.au/wimberley-the-plamp or from overseas.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you actually want something to hold your reflector up.. ..Sorry I think f/ stop would be the right forum. You cant move this the Mods have to.

PS Forgot to tell you how.. Click on that Triangle icon down the bottom of your post on the left and ask for it to be put in the right forum.
    Last edited by Mary Anne; 17-01-2013 at 4:49pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesp2 View Post
    The main reason is I only have 2 hands so if I wanted to hold a reflector and steady a flower in the breeze then these things come in handy .I was after a specific item, as I dont want to damage the plant .I have seen these in action (video Tutorials ) and they seem to work fantastic .oh and how do I move this post .
    The Wimberley Plamp (see above links) looks like it might fit the bill. The clamp that actually grips the specimen is quite gentle compared to the anchor clamp at the other end, which has a very strong spring!

I do have one and I find that it can be difficult to position precisely, as there is no fine movement control as you are basically flexing the joints, so expect to have to also move the camera slightly to get the precise composition you’re looking for.

Cheers

Dennis

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the useful info guys.
    Just went online and got myself one. They are on sale at the moment.

Canon user in training.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved thread to the Out of Focus Forum
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party, but a cheaper option is have a look on ebay for soldering clamps. I got one for $9 from Hong Kong. Naturally you need a flat surface but they have fully adjustable clamps that are great for holding objects. Just a thought.