Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  46
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: change to the site: 'Keywords'

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ and maybe all of Greg's posts should somehow be linked as keywords to this .... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=R...ient=firefox-a

Nah, maybe not. Try this instead ... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=R...w=1366&bih=610

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say I do not like it. I understand the concept and I get the advantages (maybe). I hate hate hate the look and feel it gives the posts. I really do. The posts look so disjointed now, like I have to stop reading every couple of words and then pick it up again.

Maybe do some stats on clicks on the keywords to see if they are used?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    ^ and maybe all of Greg's posts should somehow be linked as keywords to this .... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=R...ient=firefox-a

Nah, maybe not. Try this instead ... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=R...w=1366&bih=610
    Ameerat42 posted Thank(s) for this useful(ly amusing) post.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fess67 View Post
    Have to say I do not like it. I understand the concept and I get the advantages (maybe). I hate hate hate the look and feel it gives the posts. I really do. The posts look so disjointed now, like I have to stop reading every couple of words and then pick it up again.

I am starting to think along the same lines especially when the word lens is used multiple times in a post and someone is talking about a macro lens or a telephoto lens or would they be better off with a wide angle during their holidays so they can shoot the landscapes, but they like the idea of a good all round lens like an 18-200 to cover everything.

I wonder if we should just restrict it down a bit so that it is not as often seen (remove some of the current linked words to reduce its over-prevelance in threads)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fess67 View Post

I am starting to think along the same lines especially when the word lens is used multiple times in a post and someone is talking about a macro lens or a telephoto lens or would they be better off with a wide angle during their holidays so they can shoot the landscapes, but they like the idea of a good all round lens like an 18-200 to cover everything.

I wonder if we should just restrict it down a bit so that it is not as often seen (remove some of the current linked words to reduce its over-prevelance in threads)

If we removed most of these:

Aperture
    Comp
    Competition
    Competitions
    Composition
    Composure
    Dictionary
    Exposure
    ISO
    jpeg
    lens
    lenses
    Light
    Metering
    Monopod
    Raw
    Sharp
    Sharpening
    Sharpness
    Shutter
    Shutter speed
    Sunny 16
    Tripod
    Workflow

It would probably be less invasive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. Or maybe just have a knowledge base tab where they all reside and people can click on it if they are seeking information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned it in the other thread, but it's now so many pages long, that it might disappear, but wonder if it's possible to have the use of a person's username become a link to either their profile, or even better, the last post that person made in that thread. So when someone says "I agree with fred that..." you can find either who fred is, or even better, find the last post they made in that thread so you can see the context if the person hasn't gone to the trouble and "quoted" them.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    I mentioned it in the other thread, but it's now so many pages long, that it might disappear, but wonder if it's possible to have the use of a person's username become a link to either their profile, or even better, the last post that person made in that thread. So when someone says "I agree with fred that..." you can find either who fred is, or even better, find the last post they made in that thread so you can see the context if the person hasn't gone to the trouble and "quoted" them.
    Not using the software we added the other day for the keyword, unless we manually added all 18,000+ members names to it..hehe

I get what you are saying, and I suppose it is more about teaching members to use the quote button than anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123