User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Apple Photo Books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple Photo Books

Recently some friends and faimly convinced me to do a little bit more with my photos. As a way of saying thanks i went and got some photo books made by apple using AP3. I tarted the photos up a bit so they would look good on paper but now im sorta thinking "how good are these books?"

All i know so far about it is the size, number of pages and its comming from japan via some courier i have never heard of.

So has anyone else used the apple store to purchase print products? if so what did you think of the final product?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Powered by a mixture of , Apple, Nissan and Beer
    I also have a blog i sometimes write in about the power industry and my photography http://www.iboilwater.com.au

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen a couple of these and they looked very good. I have also seen one that the person who had it made was not happy with the result and blaming the service. However, they use an uncalibrated monitor, their photos had not been optimised for printing and they had no idea about composition etc, and for some reason they expected their book to look like the professionals They had fiddled with their screen settings to make things 'nice and colourful' and yet could not understand when I tried to explain that the monitor might be nice and colourful, but the photo themselves would not look like that on my computer, or any other. They just kept saying it should look like it does on our screen. I even calibrated their screen, and was told to turn it off, it doesn't look right. No helping some people.

So as long as you have a monitor that is calibrated and know what you are doing, the result should be quite good.
    Last edited by ricktas; 14-01-2013 at 7:22am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome...i should be set then. Thanks Ricktas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate go for it. The books are high quality and as Rick says if you are calibrated properly then you will be very happy... I have made several books this way and couldn't be happier.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all turned up today and im pretty happy with the results. Well worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used them for the past 4 years, both with wedding photos as gifts to people who's wedding i have shot and also for my sons football team to commemorate their year. all have been well presented. I did have an issue with one of the books with a photo missing and the service and replace meant of the books was exceptional.
    Canon 6d, 7d , 40d, 100-400L, 24-105Lmm, 50mm 1.8, 28-135 and a sigma 18-200
    Aquatech underwater housing
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpoulton/