User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: All APers OK in and after fires?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All APers OK in and after fires?

I hope all our members in various states are safe and 'undamaged' in this countrywiode spate of fires. The cool change predicted for today (thank you TC Narelle which is partly driving it) will, hopefully, bring some rain to areas still burning and help in the control and extunguishing of the remaining fires.

We have a glorious cool breeze here at the moment and I have every window in the house open!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22 and raining here today -- should move across into Vic later today
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring on the cool change I say! sitting here in my pj's 8.30am... 34c :-/
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All OK here in Tassie, for now. All the people living in the firezone have been allowed to return to their homes (or debris) yesterday and the roads will re-open to the general public tomorrow (Monday). They are advising people to not sift though the remains of their homes without protection as many of the older homes contain asbestos. A long road ahead for many here, with the official toll at over 200 homes destroyed, and many more damaged.

Must say it is wonderful to see Australians pull together and help each other in times like this, just as happened with the Queensland floods. It is sometimes a pity that this Australian Spirit doesn't apply at all times, both good and bad. But when it comes down to it, we are a caring mob, and help each other amazingly in times of need. Makes being an Australian mean a lot!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The change hasn't bought much rain to N.S.W. Temperatures dropping is good. Just more lightning and fires fanned by the wind. One fire has damaged the Siding Spring Observatory and is still out of control.
    We are only half way through summer and in most of SE Australia is now extremely dry. I wish it would rain everywhere for a week.
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...-is-not-a-plan
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear that the Taswegians have experienced the usual Ozzie help in times of natural disaster.

Yep, in Adelaide it rained - ruined my Sunday morning golf as we bailed after 9 holes, it was obviously not going to stop. Which is great, the rain is well and truly needed and I hope all you folks in NSW and Vic get some of it, cheers Deb