User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International Weddings - How to get a destination wedding ...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rattus79 ... I must say a very nice location :-). Queensland has some great spots and this is definitely one of them. Would love to shoot a wedding there :-).

Ok ... I thought I give a little update about my efforts finding an European wedding. I booked 2 weddings ... I got already the deposit paid for both and the contracts are all signed. I met both couples via a 1 hour skype chat - can't wait to travel there.

Wedding 1) Bavarian traditional "Weisswurst" breakfast - chapel wedding - 5*hotel hotel at lake Chiemsee (private beach access, horse stables), Wedding 2) Dramatic Castle Wedding - "Schloss Drachenburg" by Cologne - different rooms in the castle (ceremony in the tower, champagne on terrace, dinner/function in the entry hall) - Victorian style wedding. Love it!

Both locations suit the travel plans very well.

I have one more in the pipeline (not sure if that works out ... looks like I am too expensive) but my dream wedding would still be in Tuscany ... which didn't work out yet :-(. I found all these weddings on a photography forum in Germany - they had a section photojobs ... where people offered jobs and where looking for photographers. I didnt find yet a similar forum for Italy ... but still looking. I only have one weekend left ... so will be not easy to find a matching wedding. But hey ... think positive!

I wrote a few emails to venues and wedding planners but that was a bit disappointing ... most of them did not react - but a few passed on my offer to potential couples but it didn't work out so far - one time only because of my time constraints. Overall I am very happy with the result - looks like positive thinking helps.

Now I just need to upgrade my insurance ... let me know if you have any recommendations.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you spoken to these countries embassies, or your travel agent regarding work visa's and your accountant re tax implications of working in these countries yet?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick, thanks for your comment.

I have a European passport ... so I am allowed to work in any European country without work visa :-).

You would not need to tax this in Europe ... only here in Australia as your normal income. GST or the german MWSt is not applicable as I do not have GST registration. Unfortunately you can't make the whole trip a business expense as the flight was booked before the wedding bookings. But travel to the weddings within the country can be claimed.

The only thing I would need to sort out is an international liability insurance. (and maybe insure my gear ... mhhh ... maybe some travel photographers have some advice ... ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12