User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Karratha duststorm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karratha duststorm

I was busy doing a bit of boat maintenance so wasn't able to get out to a good location to get some good pics of this dust storm passing through town. This is the view down my street as the wind was picking up. These can look pretty impressive from the right viewpoint. I love this time of year when we get a little bit of extreme weather (although I hope the cyclone that's predicted to form this week doesn't get too extreme )

_MG_4569.jpg

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken at a good distance, too! I bet you put the camera well away soon after.
    It illustrates how the dust look just like a wall.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, common sight up here in the Pilbara - you keeping an eye on that Cyclone further north?
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Taken at a good distance, too! I bet you put the camera well away soon after.
    It illustrates how the dust look just like a wall.
    Am.
    Yes AM the camera didn't stay out for too long. It wasn't too bad where we were but you could still taste the dust and grit..

Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    Yep, common sight up here in the Pilbara - you keeping an eye on that Cyclone further north?
    One eye on that just now Adam, the updates we are getting at work show it tracking off the coast and around NW Cape but time will tell. Hopefully a good bit of rain and not too much wind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, this reminds me of a dust storm in Cobar many years ago, when the newly elected female mayor was due to have her portrait taken. She stepped outside the hairdressers, and bang- hairdo gone, and no Mayoral portrait that day.
    Thanks for sharing
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    Oh yes, this reminds me of a dust storm in Cobar many years ago, when the newly elected female mayor was due to have her portrait taken. She stepped outside the hairdressers, and bang- hairdo gone, and no Mayoral portrait that day.
    Thanks for sharing
    Di
    Cheers Di, made me laugh reading that