Hey all,

I'd really like to share with you all a video that my wife took of our little boy who has autism.

He is three years old and he is an awesome little kid. Life is not always easy; in fact it rarely is for anyone, but with our son comes lots of extra challenges because of autism...

Just 2 months ago he made his first friend at day care. It took almost 2 years for this to happen, but it has now happened and I am so proud of him! He has never sang a song with us or others, and will never dance to music with others. We have been working very hard in this area with his Occupational Therapist because this sort of thing helps with social interaction, and just before Christmas he started singing with me!

On New Years Eve we went into Newcastle to watch the fireworks at midnight. It was a great night. On the way to the car it turned into a absolutely fantastic night, when my son, on hearing some live music, decided to dance! He danced and danced and danced! He knew people were watching him and he didn't stop. A crowd formed and he still kept dancing!!!

It was a huge breakthrough, and one I am shouting to the world because I am so unbelievably happy for my son! :-)

We recorded his dancing, and I have uploaded it to Youtube. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JADLarTyQPY

Thanks