Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fires in Tasmania

Just like to send all the members and their families in Tasmania my best wishes and hope that you all stay safe
    oops sorry this is in the wrong forum, would one of the mods move this to the "Out of Focus" forum please
    Last edited by Wayne63; 05-01-2013 at 8:40am.
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all good Wayne, it can stay here.

thanks for the thoughts. It is quiet here right now as the wind has died down, but it is eerie cause the smoke is not moving, so when you look outside it looks like thick fog. But we have wind warnings for this afternoon, so its expected the fires will flare up again as today progresses. On top of the 80 or so confirmed destroyed homes, there are reports coming through that at least another 70 have gone as well. 9700 homes without power and could be without power for weeks.

A flotilla of boats left Hobart last evening and went to the Peninsula and collected the people stuck on beaches. This was just an impromptu thing, no one officially organised the flotilla, people just pitched in and joined forces and went.

Today will be tense as we all wait for the winds to pick up and see what happens when they do.
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-01-2013 at 8:51am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fires in Tasmania

I'd like to add my best wishes. Bushfires are so devastating. I hope all are safe and well.

Regards,
    Rob
    Regards, Rob

D600, AF-S 35mm f1.8G DX, AF-S 50mm f1.8G, AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G ED VR, AF-S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6G VR, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Photos: geeoverbar.smugmug.com Software: CS6, Lightroom 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bailed out of Eaglehawk Neck when the Richmond fire was going as I thought another fire downwind might block the only way out.
    Unfortunately, I chose Coles Bay as an alternative destination. Chased out again by the Bicheno fires.

shot yesterday...
    1) Coles Bay rd
    2) looking towards Friendly Beaches from Swansea
    3) roads are a bit soft
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Forcett fire has been upgraded to Emergency again and Taranna is being hit by the fire now.\

The car tyre with the tarmac on it, shows how hot it was. thanks for sharing
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-01-2013 at 6:05pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are also with everyone in the AP family who may be affected in some way by the fires. Stay safe everyone.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Ditto to all the above and we are all thinking of you in Tassie.
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to evacuate twice, once at 2.30 in the morning, but we are ok as are our pets and stock, it is devastating to see the aftermath.

We are still on a watch and act alert, we have a hill opposite us that continues to smolder and flares up in the wind, im getting very tired from sleeping with one eye open, rather calm now though, so hopefully a good sleep tonight.

Thanks for thinking of us.
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.