User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Canon 70D and 7D rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 70D and 7D rumours

I think this year is the year to upgrade my body from a 500D to something else. I'm going to stick with Canon because well I have a few lenses now and other family and mates have canon too.
    I saw on Canon rumors that there is a high possibility that this year will be the year of 7's for Canon. Rumors of a 70D and the ever present rumors that the 7D is about to get a MKII are all over the place.
    http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/02/e...-c-is-unknown/

I dare say that the 7D MK II will be out of my price range but has anyone heard about the specs of the 70D? The most I have heard is that it will have a ~20MP new sensor. I have also heard that it will be limited to 3fps which just doesn't seem right at all. Especially since the 650D has 5fps.

Has anyone else heard much about the 70D or even the 7D MK II? I would be instested in the specs. Mostly just because I am a geek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    But could you make any sense of it? "The rumour which gained't go away completely is usually that the APS-They would detector volition...............
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for looking out William. But I have to agree that one is confusing a bit.
    What I am hoping for is
    new sensor (just to shut up all the people who complain about lack of development by Canon)
    good AF similar to 7D (more then one cross type)
    8 fps or more (650D has 6 so it should be more than that)
    good body consturction and weather sealing and size. (like 50D or 7D)
    ~$1200

I would buy that. What do people think the chances are of that happening or do you guys think it will be a 60D with a minor(ish) tweaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a slower FPS, so long as you get better IQ (not that I will be getting a a Canon any time soon)
    Remember the more MP, the more data, especailly if you're talking 14 bit RAW files. Which means you will need a bigger buffer to move that data to the card and fast RAM is not cheap. At 8 FPS, any faster and you may as well take a video for all the good it will do you
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redback200 View Post
    Thanks for looking out William. But I have to agree that one is confusing a bit.
    A BIT!!!!!
    It reads like someone's taken a Japanese article and run it through Babelfish to translate it.
    Mark

Canon 70D w/Grip l Canon 60D w/Grip l EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM l EF 70-200 f4L IS USM l EF-S 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM l EF 100 f2.8 USM Macro l EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM l EF 50 f1.8 II l Canon EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM l 430 EX II Flash l Rode Stereo VideoMic l Manfrotto 055XPROB + 498RC2 Tripod l Benro MP-96 M8 Monopod l Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Backpack l Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW Backpack l PS CS5 Extended l Lightroom 4.3

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unistudent1962 View Post
    A BIT!!!!!
    It reads like someone's taken a Japanese article and run it through Babelfish to translate it.
    It's still more then anyone else has been able to put up. I guess it's a little early on to get specs and stuff on them. All I am seeing is the same thing over and over again. And that is that the rumors are that they are coming out this year.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case anyone is interested and doesn't know. These are the rumoured specs of the 7D MK II as on canonrumors

Specifications

24.1mp APS-C Sensor
    Dual DIGIC V
    10fps
    Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
    61 AF Points (I wonder if we’ll get red focus points in AIS?)
    3.2″ LCD
    Build quality like 5D3
    GPS & Wifi
    $2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch, I’d like to see such a camera come in under $2000)
    ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
    “Lots of video features”

I'm still hanging to see what the 70D has as the new 7D MK II will probably be out of my price range.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or .... you could buy a 6D which has pretty much everything anyone would want.

<walks off with smug look, clutching his new 6D closely to his chest>

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson