User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter Any Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter Any Comments?

Hi,

Just recently I had the opportunity to try the previous model Speedlite Transmitter on my 5DMk111 using two 580exII flashes. It was great for using flashes remotely for macro work. I am considering buying one but have discovered the old model is dearer than the Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter. The old model is also hard to get. The Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter is about $350 locally.

Is any one familiar with the new model? Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To follow up on my original post - I have discovered that the ST-E3-RT is not suitable for the older Speedlite units. It is only suitable for the new 600Ex. It has been a really interesting research as so many of the people in shops that should know about these things originally advised me that it was suitable for my 580EX11. I bought one only to discover that it won't work. Luckily the shop allow me to return it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't need ETTL just get some cheap triggera. There are heaps around so I won't start there.

If you want ETTL then you either need to get Pocket Wizard Flex's or Phottix Odin's. I use the PW's and I like them but they have their problems. The Odin's look great and would probably buy those if I had my time again.

PS. I wouldn't shop in that store anymore if they don't even understand something that simple. It was a pretty big deal for Canon to come out with the RT system.