Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: LCD Viewfinder/ Loupe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCD Viewfinder/ Loupe

Hi,
    I was thinking of buying one, I would like to know of peoples experience with them and preferred model?
    I was thinking of getting the LCDVF from Kinotehknik because of its mounting simplicity and compactness.
    I would mainly be using it for still photography.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do you think you need one?

I would say that if you look at most photographers, they simply use the viewfinder. I would spend my money on something that will improve my photography rather than something that really doesn't
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ricktas i appreciate your feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eyes are not that great anymore. I use a hood,an loupe to review shots, and sometimes check focus in live view. I think for me, it does help.
    Gear monkey and proud. Brisbane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kaison
    I concur with Rick that most photographers just use the viewfinder and devote other money to better lenses. You can use a hat, jacket, beer carton,,, to shade your LCD.
    It rather depends on what kind of still photography you want to major in and how dependent you are on using the LCD for chimping/Live View for manual focusing in bright conditions.
    I have an LCDVF loupe and have found it very convenient when using Canon TSE lenses for exterior architectural shoots or for land/seascapes as these lenses are MF only.
    I use it for other stuff too! However, we need to know what kind of still photography you mostly indulge in.....portraits, products, food, forensics...
    A couple of my friends use fully-rigged 7D's to shoot full HD surfing comp movies and the loupes never leave their cameras. One uses LCDVF & the other uses a Zacuto Z Finder EVF (and spent more money!).
    Both are fairly simple to rig but, on safari, time is an element and the viewfinder is always attached.