User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey Market lens Question ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also purchased several items including lenses from both EGlobal and DWI.....can't fault the service or product from either company. I had an item on my doorstep three days later even though I ordered it at 11:00pm!! Never had to use the warranty though!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonk0 View Post
    I have bought all my lenses from a site sponser eGlobal and can not fault them in any way at all.

I have had no issues with regard to warrany either as all my lenes have and are still working perfectly.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks for the feedback Gonk0 - Good to hear/read.

Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    I have also purchased several items including lenses from both EGlobal and DWI.....can't fault the service or product from either company. I had an item on my doorstep three days later even though I ordered it at 11:00pm!! Never had to use the warranty though!
    Thanks ktoopi. Good to hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D-D have a shopfront an Sydney and because they are an Aussie business they are governed by the Aus consumer laws so warranty applies should there be an issue.

So if that is a concern for you, that may be the way to go. If any of the others are registered in Australia then they too will have the same laws.

Using DD means you wont get and extra import duties as you are buying from there. I rang one of the other "local" businesses to ask if they had local stock and the didn't so there was a chance I would cop the import duties (its more than just GST).

I have not purchase from DD yet, but plan on using them for the next body purchase.

Mick
    Mick

Nikon D600 & D80, 24-70 f2.8 Nikkor, 50mm f1.4 Sigma ,18-135 Nikkor, Kenko Extension Tubes, SB-700 and a few little bits and pieces

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by znelbok View Post
    D-D have a shopfront an Sydney and because they are an Aussie business they are governed by the Aus consumer laws so warranty applies should there be an issue.

So if that is a concern for you, that may be the way to go. If any of the others are registered in Australia then they too will have the same laws.

Using DD means you wont get and extra import duties as you are buying from there. I rang one of the other "local" businesses to ask if they had local stock and the didn't so there was a chance I would cop the import duties (its more than just GST).

I have not purchase from DD yet, but plan on using them for the next body purchase.

Mick
    Cheers Mick - D-D's won in the end all ends up. Service and price, also the idea of an Aussie shop front was a bonus.

Cheers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12