I had a very unsettling experience I had this morning. Ladies photographing solo in the Tweed area be aware.

I was taking shots along Tweed Valley Way of the river and the mist. I parked at the western end of the truck pull of area on Tweed Valley Way near Condong, with my car facing east (towards Tumbulgum). When I walked back to the car with my camera there was a white Mitsubishi 4WD with a roof rack and CB aerial, parked facing me, about 20m away, with a man in a red fluoro work shirt, shorts and boots standing beside the driver's door. As I drove off he smiled and nodded and I thought how nice it was to see a friendly face and smiled and nodded back.

He then turned and followed me, through Tumbulgum, into Terranora Rd, then when I turned to go along the Dulguigan Rd (north Tumbulgum) he followed me. By this time I was getting the wind up a bit and did not dare stop in my usual spot where I shoot the confluence of the two rivers. I drove along a couple of kms and did a U turn, and he followed me again. He then dropped away and I suddenly realised he could have taken my registration number and I did not have his. When I got to the bridge there was another car there with a man leaning on it talking on his phone, so I did a U turn and stopped there.

Lo and behold, he came along - which is when I took a photo of his car (passed on to Police) so I would have a record of the rego number, and parked behind me. I did a U turn to come home, and he did not seem to follow, and was not visible to me as I drove up Terranora Rd. When I got to the pull off at the old quarry along Terranora Rd, where you overlook the valley and Tweed Valley way, I started to slow down to photograph the mist and he was right behind me again. I kept going and he followed me to Bilambil Rd and did a U turn. I came home.

I was very shaken and believe this man was stalking me, despite the fact that I am an overweight lady of nearly 60. I've reported this to the Police, although I realise they can't do anything when it is just a one person complaint and no witnesses, but at least they'll have a record so that if there's other reports of similar happenings in the district they can maybe see a pattern.