User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: The number 1 Interstate Highway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number 1 Interstate Highway

A huge slab of asphalt walked into a bar. As he orders a beer, he says to the barman, "I'm THE number 1 Interstate highway in all the country. No-one carries more vehicles per day, no-one carries more trucks, no-one carries more produce. No other highway is as wide, or as long, or covers more of the country. I am THE number 1 Interstate Highway!"
    The barman is suitably impressed, and grabs him a beer.

A few minutes later, a large slab of asphalt walks into the bar.
    The Number 1 Interstate says to the barman, "Watch this.." and walks up to the new slab of asphalt and says, "I'm THE number 1 Interstate highway in all the country. No-one carries more vehicles per day, no-one carries more trucks, no-one carries more produce. No other highway is as wide, or as long, or covers more of the country. I am THE number 1 Interstate Highway!" The large slab of asphalt says, "Hey, I don't want any trouble, I'm just a normal highway. Here, let me buy you a beer" and they both go up to the bar.

A few minutes later in walks a small piece of asphalt, and the Number 1 Interstate Highway turns to the barman and the other highway, and says "Watch this..." and he walks up to the small piece of asphalt and says, "I'm THE number 1 Interstate highway in all the country. No-one carries more vehicles per day, no-one carries more trucks, no-one carries more produce. No other highway is as wide, or as long, or covers more of the country. I am THE number 1 Interstate Highway!" The small piece of asphalt says, "Hey, I don't want any trouble, I'm just a normal road. Here, let me buy you a beer" and he joins the other two at the bar.

A few minutes later, in walks the tiniest piece of asphalt you've ever seen, this thing is barely 2 metres across. The Number 1 Interstate Highway looks up, gets a panicked look on his face, and jumps in behind the bar and cowers behind the barman.
    The barman looks disgusted and says mockingly, "Hey, what the hell goes? I thought you were like, 'THE number 1 Interstate highway in all the country. No-one carried more vehicles per day, no-one carried more trucks, no-one carried more produce. No other highway is as wide, or as long, or covers more of the country....' than you". "What the hell are you doing cowering back here from such a tiny piece of asphalt?"

The piece of Number 1 Interstate Highway says, "You don't understand. Absolutely NO-ONE messes with THAT guy! That guy's a cyclepath!!!"

(sorry, I had to find a worse pun to make the one I posted a moment ago seem a bit better)
    I think I'm finished torturing you all now.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha-arh! Does that make men on bikes cyclamen?
    Last edited by ameerat42; 19-12-2012 at 3:07pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one's a Clover Moore special!
    (Sydney people will understand).
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bennymiata
    More like something for Alan Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chuckle chuckle.....
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)