User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Question about the Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about the Forums

I have become inactive again, and want to get back to posting, but I have a problem! First of all, I don't deliberately get inactive! I just happen to be a person, who has many different interests - one of them being genealogy, which I spend a great deal of time on! Also, because I am a member of Ancestry.com.au, I have all of my husband's Dutch ancestors, and my English ones online at Ancestry.co.uk, as well. This means that I get a lot of email responses! Sometimes, I am reasonably up to date in dealing with them, but sometimes due to extra work required by me in my gardening interests, etc., means that I become overloaded with unanswered messages - up to 14 pages recently!

Then, my second problem occurs, because when I finally realize that I have become inactive again, and I need to start posting in the forums again, I strike another difficulty. I have just now spent ages - looking for a suitable forum in which to post - but cannot find any that will suit my need for just a quick posting - so that I can become active again. I can then follow up in a day or too hopefully (after I've caught up on all my other pending emails at this moment), and then I can find the time to put a better, and more interesting post in - including posting some more of my gardening photos, which I really DO want to do..!!

Please can anyone suggest any forums that I can use for this purpose, apart from introductions? Also, in the list of forums, why does it have 'Never' on the right-hand side for so many of the named forums? There seem to be so few (hardly any!) that I can use in these instances! I really do want to continue being an active member, and will try to make an even harder attempt to avoid becoming inactive - I do apologize for this happening in the past.

Kind Regards!
    BeverleaRose

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
    post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bev its easy, We all have an active life ( well I do) I still have a teenage son on school holidays (Who wants running every where), I take photos each morning (At least 60), Process same upload to site www.liquidboulevard.com , Go to our facebook page , Vacumn the house, Mow the lawns and Wash the dishes , Do the shopping daily, Entertain daily visitors etc , etc , Still can manage to comment and post to stay active on AP Any way you've gone now so see you next time you reactivate
    Last edited by William; 16-01-2013 at 5:28pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the end it is about priorities. We each have different priorities in life, and Ausphotography is setup to reward those that join in, and help others. After all if every member did what you do, the site would not even be worth visiting cause there would only be threads saying 'I am posting to get my access back'.

It is up to you, you can either prioritise so that Ausphotography becomes somewhere you visit and participate in reasonably regularly, and then benefit from what the site has to offer, or you can continue to wait till you go inactive and post to re-activate. However our inactive cycle is reducing and eventually you would have to post daily, cause eventually you will go inactive, every day.

So your question was about where to post re re-activate. I would suggest actually joining in more regularly, cause posting just to re-activate each time is not going to do you any good eventually.

Ausphotography is free for members and to access all the site offers, all I ask is that members participate. So you need to use it, or lose it! Simple as that.
    Last edited by ricktas; 16-01-2013 at 8:59pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverleaRose View Post
    ....... and then I can find the time to put a better, and more interesting post in - including posting some more of my gardening photos, which I really DO want to do..!!
    So choose a day, once a week, and visit the Plants/Fungi forum. Make some comments on a couple of posts. "I like that because of the low angle you've taken it from", " Love the dark background. How did you do that?"
    You learn how to CC, you learn what photos you like and can aspire to, and you stay active.
    Of cause, if you post a few photos and ask how they can be improved (if you think they can some how) or say how happy you where to capture it, then you have a personal interest in, and reason to stay active.
    So, between afternoon tea and the evening meal every Wednesday, sounds like AP time.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is the "out of focus" section which is for general chatter isn't it?
    Cass
    I switched my camera off auto in November 2012, and I have been busy reading and learning and practicing ever since.
    My kit is basic: Canon 1000D (two kit lenses) + 50mm f/1.8 + a tripod/monopod + Lightroom4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alsocass View Post
    There is the "out of focus" section which is for general chatter isn't it?
    Out of focus
    Site Matters
    Competition Forums
    Not for Critique
    The Test Zone

Posts and threads in these forums do not re-activate an account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to find time, BeverleaRose, we all understand that.
    To get around it I have AP on the favourites bar, and visit there in between Genealogy enquiries. I know how time consuming Genealogy is, but everyone needs a break, and AP can really help you destress, and force you to think of something else for a few minutes, and the bonus is you learn a lot, and that helps with the family History, as by becoming proficient in taking photo's really helps improve the quality of our genealogy, as it is able to be used to copy old photo's, and to take quality photographic records for future generations- something your descendants can be impressed with.

Make the time, a few minutes can't hurt, and will help.

Good luck with both hobbies, they really do complement one another.
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................