Gosh oh gosh. what on earth is instagram thinking. not sure if it's a well known app around here but it certainly has been causing some stirs the last 2 days.

(i'm a teen and a mild addict of instagram!) i use this quite often to show my photos.. not the ones i take with my DSLR but just nature pics with my iPhone. Though, i have posted a few pics that are some of my best.. but.. think all that is about to backfire on many professional photographers that are users on there.

Instagram's so called new 'privacy' policy is nothing but RIDICULOUS!!! as of the 6th of jan.. they will be changing the rules so that not only will there be advertising (will be a pain in the gluteus maximus) but they now say that they have the right to take any of our pictures or comments to be used commercially and for money without any consent from the owner. uh.. isn't this what you call.. stealing?

I'm lost in what they are thinking. this puts many of my images and not to mention the thousands of other users images in risk.
worst to think if they start claiming the pics as theirs and putting the shame on the rightful owners. that, i fear.

What are your takes on such a move? what are your views of these types of apps?
i'm obviously from a younger generation.. so i like instagram oh wait..