Thread: Converted the 50D to Video Cam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converted the 50D to Video Cam

Was talking to a guy this morning , He mentioned that his mate uploaded the latest Firmware to his 50D , He had Version 1.0.9 Ver2.3 on his camera, (50D) No Vidieo capabilities ? I had fimeware version 1.0.6 , When I got home I went to the Canon site and the latest version was 1.0.9 ? What this Ver2.3 ? After a google , What is Version 1,0,9 ver2.3 for a 50D It turns out that you can download this freeware that overrides the canon firmware And with the version your 50D has Video capabilities !! Full 1080, 30 fps, iso 128,000, HDR function and a heap of other stuff , to put life back into the 50D , The rubbish bin button turns it on , The OK button starts the video , And to get rid of the progam, Just reinstall the Canon latest Firmware !! It appears Canon were to slack to add the extra buttons to activate the Camera for Video ? The Firmware update is here at , "Magic Lantern" check it out http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/M..._Firmware_Wiki Any body else tried this ? Looks Good to put that extra life back into the 50D
    Last edited by William; 17-12-2012 at 7:47pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters