Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are ya - MATE !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Have we all gone politically straight to the point of stupidity ???
    This.

I actually know a few people that would be right behind this mentality. I shake my head in utter disdain every time they bring up something to do with PC'ness; some of the tripe that has spewed forth from their mouths is unbelievable to most rational human beings capable of assessing statements made within their context. (I guess it says something that one of them believes that all animals on Earth should be vegans...)
    Last edited by tcdev; 19-12-2012 at 1:48pm.
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdev View Post
    ...(I guess it says something that one of them believes that all animals on Earth should be vegans...)...
    Until the plant-righters make a clamour!
    CC, Image editing OK.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How are ya - MATE !

Don't worry about it mate

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post

Could not help but chuckle at the absurd decision by the health industry in recently to ban the term “MATE” , sweetie, darls etc in their workplace. .......

Maybe the healthcare upper hierarchy have objections that are based on literal interpretations of these terms.

After all, mates are chocolate covered toffee drops known for their sweetness and possible unhealthy results to those subjected to their addictiveness over long periods!

Maybe the HC Hilter's reasonings are based around the notion of preventative medicine, more so than PC.
    Their reasoning could be that if you stop calling these ill people sweetie and mate, unhealthy growth is less likely to occur during their recovery period and a speedier recover may be possible .. with fewer visits to the dentist!

They(the Stalinist HC upperclass) may even have to consider alterations to the Australian constitution too!
    Didn't our great mate John Howard make changes to the constitution a while back to reflect the importance of 'mateship' in Australian society?

(if this is so)
    How can the constitution exist if we ban the notion of mates.
    Someone, somewhere has to be a mate ... somehow!

...... Have we all gone politically straight to the point of stupidity ???

Politicians have gone way beyond the point of stupidity long ago .. probably before time itself .. well at the least, I'd say before Mongo was even conceived!
    (plans are afoot to lobby the Oxford dictionary to add : having reached the point of stupidity in a short lifetime as an alternative meaning to the word Politician).

What I didn't realize was that the upper management at various healthcare sectors were all so politically aspirational!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Politicians have gone way beyond the point of stupidity long ago .. probably before time itself .. well at the least, I'd say before Mongo was even conceived!
    (plans are afoot to lobby the Oxford dictionary to add : having reached the point of stupidity in a short lifetime as an alternative meaning to the word Politician).
    Look up the word "stupid" in the dictionary and there is a picture of a politician without the need for any other further explanation for the word. This also applies to the words "corrcupt", "liar" and quite a few others.

What I didn't realize was that the upper management at various healthcare sectors were all so politically aspirational!
    Not just the Healthcare Management, but also the Healthcare Union, read Craig Thomson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12