Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: AP Sydney 2012 Xmas gettogether - Darey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AP Sydney 2012 Xmas gettogether - Darey

Well what a night,
    It was blowing a gale when Mary and I left Frenchs Forest to go to Clifton gardens for the 2102 AP Christmas meetup but to our pleasant surprise the Clifton Gardens reserve was well sheltered from the wind and there was a good turnout of APers for the fun, food and games.

We started the evening with lots of chatting amongst ourselves, eating, drinking and generally having fun while waiting for the sun to go down.

Some of us went for a walk along a foreshore path with the hope of getting a couple of seascape shots, or for that fact any shots.
    Here are (from back to front) Mr Felix, Peterb666, NikonNellie and Racoon doing their bit.
    Xmas2012v1.jpg

When we got back to the Reserve we found some local lads providing some entertainment by jumping off the local wharf and landing in some very awkward positions. (I have provided about 30 action shots to the lads and they are extremely happy with them. (Awesome mate :-) ))
    Xmas2012v2.jpg

Finally the sun went down and we got into taking some very amateurish light painting shots.
    Here is a reasonable shot of a very good light orb created by Katoopi (Karen)

Xmas2012v3.jpg

Here we are a lighting up Mr Felix

Xmas2012v4.jpg

And finally we lit up Karen's daughter.

Xmas2012v5.jpg

Thank you everyone for a very enjoyable evening. Mary and I enjoyed ourselves and wish you all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great stuff Darey. Glad you all had a good time.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff - I really like the blue orb and Karen's daughter. It was a lot of fun and I can see some more of these shoots coming up.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the image of the orb. it is really good !!!
    Nikon D90 with Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 Nikon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm macro f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4 - 5.6, SB-600, Manfrotto tripod and head.
    Software: Elements 10 and Aperture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked like an awesome time.. sorry I couldnt have been there, family first though.
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graeme, Thanks for the kind comment, as you know we have lots of fun when we get together. By the way Merry Christmas.

Peter, Thanks mate, I would like to get out and do a more planned light painting shoot again soon, we will have to work on that.

Judy, Karen did a goo job with the Orb and I'm very happy with the outcome. It was nice to see you again and Mary and I enjoyed our night out.

Warren, We had a good time and it's a pity you couldn't come alone. Looking forward to seeing you on a shoot soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was great fun wasn't it? I'm keen to do more light painting to. When I get past the Christmas madness I want to get out and refine my orb skills.I also want to try some drawing with different coloured torches....maybe another meet will have to happen!!
    I bet those lads were thrilled to get some photos of their hijinks!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you all had a good time. The light painting is always fun and a great job creating the orb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    loving the orb..makes me wana go get some light painting done too