Thread: There is no justice...!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no justice...!!!

So......heres the scenario, my brother rings up and says he has a video shoot on and wants to borrow some gear for the weekend, he works for a video/sound production company but also freelances and does music videos, promotional stuff ect.....borrows my 7D, all my lenses, GoPro's, Konova Slider, tripods, pan heads ect.....no problems happy to oblige as he will return the favours when I need

He lives about 2 hours and 160km's away so agree to meet half way after work last Thursday night, make the drop off and back home I go......

Anyway the weekend rolls around, I have plenty of neglected chores to catch up on normally ignored to race off and do some shooting, and Saturday turns out to be a nice day, I get a phone call late in the day.....a local fisherman has caught a rather large fish, wants to hang it up at the weigh station and asks if I can come and take a few shots......but no camera......went and had a look anyway and as I am driving back home what did I see, the most amazing pink sky in the East as the sun set in the West with some interesting cloud formations......but no camera......as the evening progressed a storm started to form in the sky and as night fell it got darker and darker as a thunder storm started, huge forks of lightening crackled across the sky, an awesome show that lasted for hours and something I have been waiting to see and shoot for a long time......but no camera.....then during the day on Sunday my wife was in the bathroom and heard a ruckus outside the window, opened it and here is a small honey eater chick sitting there being rather loud and obnoxious, my wife sticks her had out and it lets her touch it, not only touch it pick it up and bring it inside where it decided it was quite happy and stayed with us for the day, sitting on her finger, shoulder the chair, even let her feed it some suger water, would have made the perfect wild bird model for some cracker shots......and yes, still no camera...........

Some days its just straight out unfair........but makes you appreciate whats around you thats for sure

Hope this proved entertaining for some........any similar stories out there feel free to share

oh....and I have my camera back now
    Canon 7D, Canon EF 24-105mm f4L, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
    Manfrotto 190XPROB + Vanguard Ball Head + Kenova fluid pan head
    Kirk Enterprises Low Pod + Manfrotto 410 Geared Head + Velbon Super Mag Slider
    GoPro Hero2
    Bags, Cases and lots of other bibs and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the irony of it all. At least you got to see these great things.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your bro owes you big time! I'd say trip to the local stripclub bigtime!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishographer View Post
    So......heres the scenario, my brother rings up and says he has a video shoot on and wants to borrow some gear for the weekend, he works for a video/sound production company but also freelances and does music videos, promotional stuff ect....
    Maybe he can afford a 1100D as a Christmas present to you. Just in case, for the next time he needs you're 7D!
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good karma for the future?
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just us, or is it always the case? Maybe some good lawyers can help.
    I saw this witticism on my way through the northern reaches of Brisbane the other day.

Trust Google to bend it like this!

O-oak-kay! You have to get street view up and then you'll see it.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh, that's always the way. Some weeks I decide I'm going to take my camera EVERYWHERE and nothing happens. Then I get bored of lugging it around and something interesting pops up to shoot.

Also, not to lecture, but it's (I thought) pretty common knowledge that you don't touch a baby bird because the parents are known (proven) to neglect eggs/chicks that have been touched by people.
    Wedding photographer shooting Canon

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by habro View Post

Also, not to lecture, but it's (I thought) pretty common knowledge that you don't touch a baby bird because the parents are known (proven) to neglect eggs/chicks that have been touched by people.
    Have returned a few young ones to their nests, and bred some as well. Yet to see any rejection by parents. Just my experience. (maybe I'm not human )

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its a chick in the nest absolutely but this wasnt the case, this little fella was flying around of his own free will

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common knowledge isn't always right. Birds have very poor sense of smell and most (if not all) cannot detect the smell of humans.

Back to the subject. Sometimes it is good to just watch and apreciate without always thinking about apertures and shutter speeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can relate. I'm a bit of an amature storm chaser and up here in the north west we have some great lightning shows during out wet season. I'm usually out catching what ever I can when the rains come through. The big storms usually roll through town when I'm out drinking (don't touch the gear when drunk). Not just out without my gear, but out drinking/drunk.
    Those bodies: 2x gripped 7D's
    The bits on the front: Canon 35mm f2 is usm, Sigma 50mm f1.4 ex dg hsm, Sigma 85mm f1.4 ex dg hsm, Sigma 10-20 EX DG HSM, Canon 24-105 F4 L is, Sigma 120-300 F2.8 EX DG HSM, Sigma apo 2x ex dg teleconverter
    The bits on top: Canon 600EX-RT, Canon 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I understand how you feel BIG TIME!

Last week the storms that came through were amazing....the sky was ablaze with colour and the clouds made me squeal....and I couldn't get out AT ALL because of family duties! Two days of this and I was one depressed chicky. The day I went out to see what I could find....NOTHING!! Hazy sunset with no colour and just a flat grey cloud that blocked anything half decent!!

Even a friend, who wouldn't know one end of a camera to the other, took shots of the stormy, fire-coloured sunset with his phone and it looked amazing.....imagine what a DSLR could do???

Probably not on a scale of your woes, but it certainly gives you the ****, doesn't it??
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    Even a friend, who wouldn't know one end of a camera to the other, took shots of the stormy, fire-coloured sunset with his phone and it looked amazing.....imagine what a DSLR could do???

Probably not on a scale of your woes, but it certainly gives you the ****, doesn't it??
    I know...........a few people said to me the next day did I get any good shots of the lightning only to have to tell them I missed out, then to be show heaps of pictures that actually looked alright taken on iPhones and iPads