So......heres the scenario, my brother rings up and says he has a video shoot on and wants to borrow some gear for the weekend, he works for a video/sound production company but also freelances and does music videos, promotional stuff ect.....borrows my 7D, all my lenses, GoPro's, Konova Slider, tripods, pan heads ect.....no problems happy to oblige as he will return the favours when I need

He lives about 2 hours and 160km's away so agree to meet half way after work last Thursday night, make the drop off and back home I go......

Anyway the weekend rolls around, I have plenty of neglected chores to catch up on normally ignored to race off and do some shooting, and Saturday turns out to be a nice day, I get a phone call late in the day.....a local fisherman has caught a rather large fish, wants to hang it up at the weigh station and asks if I can come and take a few shots......but no camera......went and had a look anyway and as I am driving back home what did I see, the most amazing pink sky in the East as the sun set in the West with some interesting cloud formations......but no camera......as the evening progressed a storm started to form in the sky and as night fell it got darker and darker as a thunder storm started, huge forks of lightening crackled across the sky, an awesome show that lasted for hours and something I have been waiting to see and shoot for a long time......but no camera.....then during the day on Sunday my wife was in the bathroom and heard a ruckus outside the window, opened it and here is a small honey eater chick sitting there being rather loud and obnoxious, my wife sticks her had out and it lets her touch it, not only touch it pick it up and bring it inside where it decided it was quite happy and stayed with us for the day, sitting on her finger, shoulder the chair, even let her feed it some suger water, would have made the perfect wild bird model for some cracker shots......and yes, still no camera...........

Some days its just straight out unfair........but makes you appreciate whats around you thats for sure

Hope this proved entertaining for some........any similar stories out there feel free to share

oh....and I have my camera back now