User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Online CF cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online CF cards

Hope i have this in the approprite threads area but just been squizzing CF cards online , ebay etc and came upon these following brands ..
    Flashwoife
    Pro Speed
    Topram delkin devices
    my query is to anyone haviing purchased any of these CF cards online and if they were content with their purchase for price value and performance of cards??...
    Looking forward to replies regarding these CF cards.
    We didnt inherit this land, we merely borrow it from our Children

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papou, the obvious question is WHY ????

Memory is so cheap these days ( until you buy a dodgy card ) you really should stick to the respected brands from well regarded suppliers such as site advertiser Cheap Chips.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate i'm not short of CF cards , i was merely questioning if anyone onboard has had experience with the mentioned cards. I have in the past purchased from renouned retailers ans well as online and so far have only been bitten once for a $4.00 remote that i allready did have but wanted a backup "Just incase" and it never arrived . Contacted the seller and they said they would send anothery.. It also never arrived and for a mere $4.00 i wasnt prepared to make i fuss over as should have halfe expected an occasional cheapie not to come through ey.
    Overall i have asked first n purchased secondly.. hence i am asking now..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The CF card format is owned by Samsung. Most of the CF cards are made out of Samsung factories. What they do is test their reliability after manufacture. What happens is say a batch of 300x 16Gb cards are tested to ensure they meet specifications, those that do, all good, they go onto be sold by the brand names, those that do not pass are often sold off cheaply. These cards are then bought up by third parties, labelled and sold.

Its all about quality control. Cheap 'no name' cards are generally ok, but did not pass QC for one reason or another.

You also get some companies who have licensed the rights from Samsung to make their own cards.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a hint at something along those lines in some way or another , and price differences are huge not to be a tad inquisitive!!???...
    Now question is ?? would this be at all possible for Cameras and lenses also or do they come under diff guidelines??...
    has me thinking somewhat ey??..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, cause cameras and lenses are made up of a heap of components and each component has its on QC before it gets anywhere near the production line for being assembled into a camera or lens. Thus if a camera doesnt pass QC, they look at which part is the issue and replace it.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou View Post
    Now question is ?? would this be at all possible for Cameras and lenses also or do they come under diff guidelines??...
    has me thinking somewhat ey??..
    It used to be the case, and apparently quite common in the old days, but more rare now.

Pentax used to manufacture DSLRs for Samsung, when Samsung owned Pentax, but they parted ways and this is no longer the case.
    Then the Hoya/Tokina group owned Pentax, and some sort of agreements were made, where Pentax and Tokina shared a couple of lens designs. Who's designs they actually are/were is of less importance than the fact that they collaborated and had their own branded version of those particular lenses.

That I know of with lenses, there are a few rebranded versions of the Samyang brand of lens .. Rokinon or Bower is a brand name I've heard about. Same lens as the Samyang version, just different brand name sticker on it!

A few years back there were a couple of rebranded DSLR camera models from Kodak and Fuji. Kodak used both Canon and Nikon body shells, whereas Fuji used Nikon bodies .. but the internals were proprietary to the secondparty manufacturer.

Beware of some accessories tho. I remember a while back there were murmurings of supposedly fake genuine Nikon battery grips .. made of the real mcoy magnesium .. but they weren't actually genuine Nikon made.

Is it happening? Yep!
    Is it a concern? Nope!
    Should you worry about your CaNikPenSon gear biegn fake .. probably not.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N