My beloved Canon has become much to heavy for me carry around on a day out so today I jumped in at the deep end and bought the Sony NEX 6 with twin lenses.

I didn't get much of a chance to "play" before the battery went flat but I think I'm in for a huge learning curve before my Indonesian holiday on Dec 9th. The image quality of the few "snaps" I took look promising but conditions weren't ideal and I really felt that half the time I didn't know what I was doing - and when I put the pics on the computer Photoshop didn't recognise the RAW files so I had to convert them first with the Sony software.

One thing I did find unsatisfactory was the battery charger. The charger which comes with the camera only allows the battery to be charged while in the camera - something I really hate So I've had to buy another charger. I feel they could've done away with the international plugs which came in the box and put a decent battery charger in instead!

I have to say though I'm really looking forward to the challenge of mastering a camera new system as well as not having my backpack feeling as if it's filled with bricks.

It's really cute