Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: It's so hot my camera wont work

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so hot my camera wont work

In Coonamble today its 38.9°C and i was inside so I'm going to guess 40°C plus a 500W light = me not being able to use my camera after 10 min of use im so not happy
    cam.jpg

its working now i turned the camera off for about 5 min aswell i turned of the light.

has anyone els got this message before ?
    Jimmy!!!
    Nikon D3400 18-55mm kit lens AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f4-5.6G ED VR 2 tri-pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used cameras in hotter weather but never used live-view as it tends to heat up the sensor very fast compared to normal photography.

Let it cool down and switch to normal photography through the viewfinder if you can.
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    I have used cameras in hotter weather but never used live-view as it tends to heat up the sensor very fast compared to normal photography.

Let it cool down and switch to normal photography through the viewfinder if you can.
    The only resion i was useing live view was because i was shooting a cople of videos

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is definitely not cool !
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An I phone will do the same thing... I left mine in the car once on a hot day and it had the same message when I turned it on. Can't blame them really I don't work when it gets close to 40 degrees

Cheers
    Danny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mt Isa a week ago in 43C and had no problems with mine, although I was outside and didn't have a 500w spotty next to it.
    Only prob I had was covering the screen with sweat each time I looked through the viewfinder.
    CC always welcome and appreciated.
    Tweaks welcome but please add how and why.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both heat and cold can affect camera performance..and battery life. The big issue for those visiting Antarctica etc is keeping batteries warm. A very cold battery, will show zero charge within a few minutes. The trick is to keep the battery under your clothing, then take it out and put it in the camera when needed.

You also have to remember that cameras, generally being black, absorb more heat than a white camera does (one of the reasons Canon has white lenses). All you can do it wait for it to cool down, but do not put it in the fridge etc, as condensation from a rapidly cooling camera body, developing inside the camera, can result in slowly corroding the innards and destroy your much loved bit of kit. Just put the camera somewhere a bit cooler, in an open space and let it cool naturally.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography