hey guy im new to the forum, but have been playing with photography for a while now.
ive had a couple entry models over the years and currently have a 60d that im relatively happy with? i dont have a LOT of money invested in glass, as this is purely a hobby for me. as well as photography i dabble in video and make the occasional music video for local bands for free etc haha. just a bit of fun really.
but ever since using my dads old AE-1 years ago, it just never felt the same, so ive been itching to go FF. my friend just purchased a d800 (budget much larger than mine) and im convinced, FF is the way to go.
now i can pick up a 5d classic CHEAP nowdays. keep the 60d for video, and slowly invest in some glass, until maybe the 6d or5dmkiii come down in price? or....jump ship and get a d600 down the track after playing with the classic for a while, as the continuous video autofocus sounds great and canon has. either way, im looking at spending about 1000 dollars or so right now. more later on....
OR i have found a deal for a 5dmkii. used for one holiday trip, and the guy is selling with with a 17-40, sigma 70-200, 580exII, filters, and a couple other cheapo lenses. filters etc etc. for an absolute bargin, thinking i could sell off most of the lenses and keep the 17-40. sell my 60d and my current lenses to get some money back to bring me closer to the 1000 i wanted to spend. and have a FF that does video too.

what would you do? buy the mkii and settle for an old camera for the next 3 years but have it do everything? or get the 5d classic to play with, spend less money. and buy a mkiii in say a years time when funds permit?

so confused but need to decide soon!

any feedback much appreciated. cheers guys (and girls)