User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Your Ausphotography photographic experience level

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your Ausphotography photographic experience level

The mods and I are continuously on the look-out for members to upgrade if we believe they have improved to warrant an upgrade to their experience level.

However members are free to also upgrade themselves at any time. If you think you have improved to the point where you should be on the next level, you can upgrade yourself.

Our three levels are Beginner>Intermediate>Advanced and members can upgrade themselves but not downgrade themselves.

We do not downgrade members simply by request. If we get a request to downgrade we look at all the photos that member has placed on the site and will also look at websites, flickr, photobucket etc. If a new member joins and seeks a downgrade almost immediately, we will not do it. We request they enter some competitions on the site, post some photos for critique and get back to us in about a month. Downgrading on request without any supporting material could just be a way to get to a lower level to increase the chances of winning a prize competition etc.

If you think you have improved and should be on the next level, feel free to change your own experience level, it is done via your settings menu HERE
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Competitions lately have become a hard one. For a while now, many of the entries within the begginners section of the comp are just as good, if not better than some in the advanced section.
    Although I do believe myself that I am improving as time goes by. But I'm still nowhere near the advanced level as yet. I'm still placing average in the intermediate comps. Which must be proof in the pudding.

Geoff.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree Geoff. We upgrade more beginners than any other level. Though this also means the intermediate level tends to have the majority of members and thus the intermediate competitions often have more entries, making winning one that bit harder. One of the reasons for posting this thread was in hope that members would make our job a bit easier, and upgrade themselves if they think they should be.

We usually upgrade several members every week, and we have a moderators thread that we put a list of members names that we think we need to consider/keep an eye on, and every month or two we review all the names in that thread and upgrade a whole heap of members in one go.

Now that members experience levels are visible to all members, we also are happy to have members 'report' someone to us, for our consideration. After all we can over-look stuff on the site. A 'report' does not mean we will upgrade the person, just that we will add them to our list and look at them in the same manner we do for every other member we consider for an upgrade.

It is a constantly evolving part of the site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 23-11-2012 at 9:23pm.