Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, converted (99 out of 100) to DNG.. Lightroom wouldnt take them.. still

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by billyalphabet View Post
    Warren, try clearing your temp files. You will need to search around with in both Adobe and your user profile within the documents and settings folder on Win or the equivalent in MAC and Linux.
    Cant find a thing

- - - Updated - - -

However I am more than happy toemail an image and see how much hair you guys pull out as I am running short
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Ackary View Post
    LR4
    Does LR4 have similar import options (Add, Move, etc)? If so another possibility might be trying to "Move" the files but the source files are "read-only" ?
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

However I am more than happy toemail an image and see how much hair you guys pull out as I am running short
    Most email systems will do a dummy spit over the size of a RAW file. You would be best to use something like a dropbox account to upload it to, and then let others download it from there. https://www.dropbox.com/home
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you use your wifes camera, take a photo and import successfully?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried googling with the terms of the error? Quite a few things come up there to try.
    Have you tried importing directly from the card? Check that the destination folder is still the same one that you expect it to be, and that "make a second copy to" is either not selected of if it is that the destination folder is still available. Check again that you have correctly selected copy as DNG, copy , move or add, which ever you need. Make sure that for some reason the file handling preferences have not been altered and that you have permission to access the NEF files.
    Failing that then if you have photoshop, import them using Bridge to the destination folder you usually use in lightroom and then just use lightroom to ADD them to the catalogue.
    Or just use windows to copy the files from the desktop folder to the destination folder and then use lightroom to ADD them to the catalogue.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my screenshot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    Have you tried googling with the terms of the error? Quite a few things come up there to try.
    Have you tried importing directly from the card? Check that the destination folder is still the same one that you expect it to be, and that "make a second copy to" is either not selected of if it is that the destination folder is still available. Check again that you have correctly selected copy as DNG, copy , move or add, which ever you need. Make sure that for some reason the file handling preferences have not been altered and that you have permission to access the NEF files.
    Failing that then if you have photoshop, import them using Bridge to the destination folder you usually use in lightroom and then just use lightroom to ADD them to the catalogue.
    Or just use windows to copy the files from the desktop folder to the destination folder and then use lightroom to ADD them to the catalogue.
    I got the same message doing that as shown in my screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give us a screen shot of the stage before that then please.
    This suggests its a permissions issue.
    http://www.lightroomforums.net/showt...mported-to-Mac

- - - Updated - - -

Warren,
    NIce little thunderstorm here at the moment, so I'm off air for a while.Sorry.
    Last edited by agb; 17-11-2012 at 10:21pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Street View Post
    Can you use your wifes camera, take a photo and import successfully?
    Hi film street.. yes just took a shot with wifes camera, went to import it into Lightroom and got the same error message you see in my screenshot. It sounds to me like it could be Lightroom?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fillum View Post
    Does LR4 have similar import options (Add, Move, etc)? If so another possibility might be trying to "Move" the files but the source files are "read-only" ?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Most email systems will do a dummy spit over the size of a RAW file. You would be best to use something like a dropbox account to upload it to, and then let others download it from there. https://www.dropbox.com/home

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddhzkm3me9mzems/TxQ3m-rf0J
    Last edited by Warren Ackary; 17-11-2012 at 10:36pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That file downloaded and imported fine into LR on my computer, also opens fine in ACR, and then into Photoshop.

Try this. Close your LR catalogue and then create a whole new catalogue, See if you can then import the files into the new catalogue. That at least will either tell use that the issue is a catalogue corruption, or something else, as the cause. I think now, its going to be down to a process of elimination.

PS. you have checked that your HDD is not to full to take more photos? The HDD where your files are stored once imported into LR, if you import them and relocate them at the same time

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That file downloaded and imported fine into LR on my computer, also opens fine in ACR, and then into Photoshop.

Try this. Close your LR catalogue and then create a whole new catalogue, See if you can then import the files into the new catalogue. That at least will either tell use that the issue is a catalogue corruption, or something else, as the cause. I think now, its going to be down to a process of elimination.

PS. you have checked that your HDD is not to full to take more photos? The HDD where your files are stored once imported into LR, if you import them and relocate them at the same time
    Hi Rick, Darren White also got it loaded ok.. I havent created a catalogue at all, I just export to folders in my external HHD as I dont keep any images on my MAC even though its got a 750GB HDD... at the moment I am reinstalling LR as a last ditch attempt... EVERY image I have tried to import from any folder on my system still gets the same message.
    The guys at Apple I know will say "3rd Party App we cant help"... I paid them for Apple care so the heck they WILL help! Unless adobe can? (assuming this reinstall dosent work)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.. I have given up.. reinstalled it and still get the error message on any image I load.. time for a Panadiene Forte' & bed I think.. am lost without LR

- - - Updated - - -

YAY.. reinstalled, updated it and what I did was a made a folder on the desktop called test1 as the source it was going to.. everything imported except one file which LR says it is damaged. Hope this works out.
    So Rick your saying that when I create a catalogue I should do this everytime? I usually export to a folder on the desktop AFTER editing has been done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Me thinks you do not have an understanding of how LR works. It uses a catalog to store all the details of your photos. You cannot import photos into lightroom without them being included in a catalog. Every photo you open in LR is in a catalog.

I suggest you go and get a copy of Scott Kelby's book 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for digital photographers', for your version of LR. Or if you prefer to learn by watching : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...earn-Lightroom
    Last edited by ricktas; 18-11-2012 at 8:38am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Me thinks you do not have an understanding of how LR works. It uses a catalog to store all the details of your photos. You cannot import photos into lightroom without them being included in a catalog. Every photo you open in LR is in a catalog.

I suggest you go and get a copy of Scott Kelby's book 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for digital photographers', for your version of LR. Or if you prefer to learn by watching : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...earn-Lightroom
    The Ircat I understand and thats all its ever been but, I am saying Ive never had to create a catalogue before just export into a named folder then that folder is transferred onto my external drive. Shall read the tutorial anyway Rick.. thanks for the suggestion about SK but I have my own opinions of him sorry.
    Last edited by Warren Ackary; 18-11-2012 at 7:04pm. Reason: Typo

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ircat I understand and thats all its ever been but, I am saying Ive never had to create a catalogue before just export into a named folder then that folder is transferred onto my external drive. Shall read the tutorial anyway Rick.. thanks for the suggestion about SK but I have my own opinions of him sorry.
    You have never had to create a catalogue before because Lightroom automatically creates it for you. In windows its in my pictures, and on a mac its in the pictures folder.
    this is one of the simpler videos you should watch.
    http://tv.adobe.com/watch/getting-st...g-your-images/
    And just the first few minutes of this one.
    http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-comple...talogs-in-lr3/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12