Thread: “Locals Only” art exhibition 2012 question

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Locals Only” art exhibition 2012 question

Mods please move this if this dont belong in this catergory

So Coonamble is haveing a 'Locals Only' art exhibition which includes photography

my questions are as follows

1. you are allowed up to 17m by 8m so is a 10X15 inch print a good size?

2. framing in the terms and conditions it states that any photo must be ready to hang and considering framing in Coonamble is expensive could i just get some board and attach the photo to that and have wire on the back?

3. Quote "Outback Arts reserves the right to reproduce or copy any artwork submitted in any form for
    advertising and promotional purposes." considering any art work has to have a sale price on it and if it sells they make a 20% commission is this fair?

Thanks in advance
    Jimmy!!!
    Nikon D3400 18-55mm kit lens AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f4-5.6G ED VR 2 tri-pods

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdrakexx View Post
    1. you are allowed up to 17m by 8m so is a 10X15 inch print a good size?
    Print it as large as you can do it. That is, make sure the quality is good at the largest size you can get printed. somewhere around the 16x24 inch works well depending on the subject matter.

2. framing in the terms and conditions it states that any photo must be ready to hang and considering framing in Coonamble is expensive could i just get some board and attach the photo to that and have wire on the back?
    You can do it that way but seeing it is for sale you should spend the extra and get it framed properly.

3. Quote "Outback Arts reserves the right to reproduce or copy any artwork submitted in any form for
    advertising and promotional purposes." considering any art work has to have a sale price on it and if it sells they make a 20% commission is this fair?
    Under most circumstances the terms are fair. My advice on cost is to add up the printing and framing costs, and then work out a sale price that allows you at least $100.00 profit after the commission is deducted.
    Last edited by I @ M; 22-11-2012 at 7:37pm.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.