User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Where to put 2nd & 3rd lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to put 2nd & 3rd lens

Ok, I know that this sounds like some what of a weird question but....

In a few weeks I am going to have the opportunity to get all access to a small out door music festival, so obviously I am taking my camera and am hiring a 70-200 2.8f to go with my 17-50 2.8f and 50mm 1.8f. Like most i have a couple of bags medium size backpack/sling and a smaller (wouldn't be able to fit the 70-200) over the shoulder.

I have never been able to have this level of access before. I have this (maybe paranoid) image of myself carrying a large bag getting in every bodies way.

It is a case of wanting my cake and eating it too! I want to take a couple of lenses but want to keep it all to a minimum.

So the question is what does every body else do, when going to a gig/festival/pub?

Cheers for taking the time to read.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    ...I am going to have the opportunity to get all access to a small out door music festival, so obviously I am taking my camera and am hiring a 70-200 2.8f to go with my 17-50 2.8f and 50mm 1.8f...

I have never been able to have this level of access before...
    Consider putting one of those spare lenses on a second camera, which you can use as a backup, too.

Good luck.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately a 2nd body isn't really an option although I agree that that would be the best way to go. By the way I am not getting paid nor am I reliant on selling images although I will be sure to send some to the local papers.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Danny,
    For event type photography I use and highly recommend the Think Tank Pro Speed Belt http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...t-v2-l-xl.aspx and the Modular 'Skin' pouches http://www.thinktankphoto.com/catego...tems/skin.aspx you can mix and match depending on the amount/type of gear you need, duration of the shoot etc.
    I find the belt system a lot less intrusive than a backpack and you have all your gear easily at hand, important for quick lens changes. Depending on how much you want to spend.. it's cheaper (in long run) to buy a set or buy individual components. I'd suggest you look at the Skin 75 'Pop Down' it will fit medium-large lenses (17/50 or 70-200 hood reversed) and with the pop down section un-zipped will even hold the 70-200 with hood in place ready to go! The 50 1.8 can probably just fit in a pocket or get the Skin 50 as well (could also hold spare batteries etc.).

Cheers
    John

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - thanks for the advice. I was thinking there must have been something like that out there.

Cheers
    Danny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    John - thanks for the advice. I was thinking there must have been something like that out there.

Cheers
    Danny
    Not sure if you can find one easily locally, but something like shootsac will help: http://shootsac.com/

PS: Rather than renting 3rd lens, I would suggest to rent 2nd body and use your 2nd lens on it instead. Changing lens in the crowd is a challenge
    Beaten up OMD EM-5 with lots of gaffer tapes + some tiny lenses