Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illawarra Based Members - looking for more experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Illawarra Based Members - looking for more experience

How many of us here are from the Illawarra?

I am looking to find some places to go to get some practise in with the new camera. Unfortunately, none of my family or friends are keen on photography so that leaves me on my own.

If anyone is ever looking for someone to head out on a shoot with, please let me know. I would love to get some more expereicnce and see more of the area. It is also a good opportunity to meet some like minded people.

Mick
    Mick

Nikon D600 & D80, 24-70 f2.8 Nikkor, 50mm f1.4 Sigma ,18-135 Nikkor, Kenko Extension Tubes, SB-700 and a few little bits and pieces

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday Mick
    Im from Flinders (time depends on early morning shoots/sunsets as well) plus I have weekends commitments with my boys sports but Im available
    Plus it give me a chance to scope your D600 even more closely

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick im always up for someone to shoot with and explore the local area im in Dapto

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will have to put our heads together and find somewhere to go. I am generally free weekend as winter sports are now over.

Apart from a couple of waterfalls I have no idea on where is good for a shoot.

Mick

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick, I often shoot in the Illawarra region (from The Shire) and will probably be doing a pre-dawn coastal shot on Saturday morning subject to weather and tides etc.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter, Send me a PM with details if you dont mind me tagging along.

Mick

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick, I am from East Corrimal and are in a similar situation as yourself..
    Gets abit too much visiting the Botanic Gardens & the beaches to shoot.

Need to organise something and go somewhere to shoot, perhaps a few of the above people can sort something out too as we could do a group thing? what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bitrusty View Post
    Hi Mick im always up for someone to shoot with and explore the local area im in Dapto
    My inlaws are in Horsley.. have you shot the skate park on Bong Bong road?
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Warren - I have not been there before. I do know of it but have not recognised anything there worth taking a photo of (not that I was looking at it that way either - it was a few years ago now).

A local meet-up would be a great idea, but I do not know of anything worth meeting up for - is the Nan Tein Temple in Unanderra any good? Can access be gained at a suitable time of day for photography and do they allow it?

Mick

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in for anything I usually shoot birds and I'm willing to try anything new. A group shoot sounds like a good idea if we can agree on a time and place and circumstances permit.
    All the best,
    Muggins,
    aka Steve.

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im interested seascapes or any other consensus

cheers

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you guys list anywhere that you think may be suitable and we may be able to figure something else out.

Joadja is somewhere I would like to have a look at.

Mick

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by znelbok View Post
    Can you guys list anywhere that you think may be suitable and we may be able to figure something else out.

Joadja is somewhere I would like to have a look at.

Mick
    Great concept,the thrill of capturing ghosts is proving irresistible,pencil me in on that
    Another site would be local waterfalls ,cant remember the name but its 30 mins south of Nowra

cheers

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One spot has me intrigued the old quarry at Bombo i don't know about access now as their is a sewage farm on part of the site I do know some togs did go and and took some good shots in B&W with the sea in the background this is just a suggestion.
    Another place could be Macquarie falls at the bottom of Macquarie Pass.
    Muggins AKA Steve.
    Had a look on Google earth access to Bombo headland looks OK looking at the photo's posted on it its a good looking location.
    Last edited by muggins; 16-11-2012 at 9:14pm. Reason: additional info

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the falls may be a bit dry at the moment due to the lack of rain (although its raining now). We have not seen [decent] rain for months.

The other waterfall is Minamurra falls near Jamberoo.

I am trying to find out if Joadja is located on private land or not. I have found tours of Joadja, but that would not suit us as we need to take it slow.

The Nan Tein Temple may be another architecture based option.

Some good Seascape or Landscape options are needed. There was one posted here recently from North Kiama. If anyone can suggest something please do.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muggins View Post
    One spot has me intrigued the old quarry at Bombo i don't know about access now as their is a sewage farm on part of the site I do know some togs did go and and took some good shots in B&W with the sea in the background this is just a suggestion.
    Another place could be Macquarie falls at the bottom of Macquarie Pass.
    Muggins AKA Steve.
    Had a look on Google earth access to Bombo headland looks OK looking at the photo's posted on it its a good looking location.
    Bombo Quarry - foot access with a little bit of a walk from Sunset to Sunrise. Easy access during daylight.

I haven't been to Macquarie falls for a long, long time. Minimurra Falls is good but restricted photography and the walk is not for the unfit.

Joadja is on private property. Not sure what current access is like but has been quite restricted in the past, i.e. tours and special open days.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Peter it's a long time since I was at Bombo headland way back when I was doing a lot of fishing off the rocks.
    Thought I had finished scrambling over rocks but it looks like I may be doing it again. LOL,

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does someone who knows the Bombo Quarry want to organise something. I have never been there so I don't even know where to gain access to it. (-Steve?)

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi znelbok, I will do a scouting expedition in the next few days and report back on access and how to get there it should be interesting.
    All the best.
    Steve AKA muggins.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all the scouting trip to Bombo headland went well, I did not get chance to fully explore as the area is too big, there are a couple of ways to get to in I went in via the surf beach, the gates open at 5.30 am and close at 5.30 pm it's quite a good walk up the hill into the old quarry, a lot of interesting rock formations and seascape opportunities and quite a lot of bird life about (note to self to take sigma 150 to 500 lens next time).
    I would not recommend people going in the dark for the first trip.
    If we can organise a date and time I would only be too willing to go back.
    All the best,
    Muggins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast