Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 550D Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

550D Review

Hi.
    Not sure if this the right forum. When i view pics in camera, some pics have a question mark over them rather than the actual pics. When the card is insert in my labtop, i can see them. It happen to both my SD cards. Is this a problem in the camera or the cards?

Warren
    Last edited by WarrenP; 11-11-2012 at 9:59pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There could be a few causes and it is necessary to isolate the more obvious:

• It could be that the image was edited in the computer and then (the edited version) RE-written back to the card replacing the original.
    • Also it could be that the images were NOT taken with that camera.
    • It could be that the cards are faulty.

What I suggest you do is download (copy and paste) ALL the images from BOTH cards to your computer and then check that all you want is there in your computer.
    Once those files are safe in the computer, insert your card back into the camera (if you used a card reader) or disconnect the camera from the computer if you downloaded direct from the camera.

Then FORMAT each card and ensure you select LOW LEVEL FORMAT. Look the instructions up in your user manual.

If LOW LEVEL FORMAT does not fix the issue, then I suggest it is more likely that the cards are faulty, rather than the camera – in this case then (if your cards are not already) I suggest buy a reputable brand card, with warranty and use it.

If you have exhausted all avenues and you are convinced that the cards are high quality: then if you can, test them in a friend’s camera - remembering to FORMAT the card in any new camera in which the card is used.

If the card works OK in a friend's camera – then perhaps your camera is malfunctioning: but a camera malfunction would be my last guess.

As an ongoing protocol, after downloading image files to the computer you ensure the USB link is disconnected from your computer - BEFORE ANY editing or sorting processes are performed on the image files.

WW

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank William.
    I think u hit it on the head with the images were edited by the computer. I do view them on my pc and rotate them around.

Warren

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    I think u hit it on the head with the images were edited by the computer. I do view them on my pc and rotate them around.
    Good.

That is a common cause of this problem - I have seen it before.

WW