Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographic buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photographic buddy

Well, I am here contemplating how I need to get out more and take more pictures...even though I feel guilty about it! Yep, guilty that I will be doing something without the family (family gets very bored when I am out photographing!!).

Sooooo, I was wondering if there are any Southerners out there that would be able to come out to do afternoon shoots or morning shoots on the weekends, now that the weather is getting nicer. I enjoy doing photography by myself but I certainly enjoy company too.

Any takers???
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I would, if I lived in SA. But seriously, taking a photographic buddy is really rewarding as I found out on a recent outing with a couple of pros from the city (pro's by meaning they run they're on photography workshops around WA) it's the different skill set and knowledge they bring to the table and they're willing to give you a few pointer - and not only that, they understand the lingo unlike our long-suffering partners!
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Adam...it looks like I will have to fly over to WA to have a buddy!! I know Rosemary has been trying to get us together for a shoot...but I thought there might just be someone who lived in maybe Goolwa or Victor area. Apparently not! . Or they just haven't popped on the computer and seen this!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Join in on an SA meet Monika, that way you gain a few photo buddies and can catch up with different ones at different times.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done a SA meet with Kym once. All the other times I have been unavailable or they are on the other side of the city (2 hr drive). Was hoping there was someone to connect with just to do a sunset shoot one night one weekend.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adelaide's geography is problematic

I'll probably organise a southern districts meeting during the Christmas break

Maybe Raywood Nursery (Deep creek), followed by Nangawooka outside Victor both with lots of birdlife
    Last edited by Kym; 11-11-2012 at 11:36am.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True Kym! I will def join you in the Southern meets.

Have a good day today!
    Last edited by Ms Monny; 11-11-2012 at 11:39am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what I need, you must have read my mind. There are places I want to go but won't go alone for safety reasons so this could benefit us both. Pm me if you are happy to discuss details. I promise I'm not a nutter

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!! Will PM you when I am back home!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to you then!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    .......... I promise I'm not a nutter
    So now you only have to worry about Monika!!!!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and gorillagirl will soon find out........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've met some top level cray cray so it will be hard to outdo them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    Well, I am here contemplating how I need to get out more and take more pictures...even though I feel guilty about it! Yep, guilty that I will be doing something without the family (family gets very bored when I am out photographing!!).

Sooooo, I was wondering if there are any Southerners out there that would be able to come out to do afternoon shoots or morning shoots on the weekends, now that the weather is getting nicer. I enjoy doing photography by myself but I certainly enjoy company too.

Any takers???

I know this thread is now a couple of years old, but ut's always relevant, don't we all need a "Buddy" to shoot with ??

My New Years Resolution is to shoot more, so if the OP or anyone else (Southern area) is looking for someone with more gear than talent to shoot with, let me know !

Particularly people / portraits ..........

I'd like to say I'm not a nutter............

Cheers,

Austen.
    Have you visited my SmugMug Portfolio ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Happysnapper, hope we get to see some of your photos on the forums for critique soon. You will find if you join in and make some online friends here, then people will be more interested in joining you in real life.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live down Semaphore way and would be happy to participate in a monthly (or whatever) get together on a Saturday. I work nights, Monday -> Friday, so joining the local Photography Club isn't going to work. I can also shoot Mondays and Wednesdays from mid-morning to mid-afteroon. Would love to have someone to shoot with, to compare notes and share ideas etc. I'm happy to meet halfway and I'm fond of a good coffee, cheers Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live out north of the city and have Tuesdays and Thursday off . I would like to meet up with a Nikon shooter as I am thinking of changing to a D600.
    Cheers Mark
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been incredibly lazy with my photography lately. Hardly touched the camera in months.
    I should probably start an ACT thread along these same lines and see if other Canberra/Queanbeyan people want to get together for some photography. It might make me get my lazy butt out of bed, or off the lounge. I work shift work though, so it's hard to nail down specific days I'll always be available except for Mondays - I always have Mondays off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HappySnapper View Post
    I know this thread is now a couple of years old
    Only a couple of months old actually - started 10/11/12
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And once again someone is ressurecting this thread. I'm down south of adelaide and always looking for an excuse to go out and shoot. If anyone has a little group going in this area let me know I would love to join in
    D7000, D3100, 85mm 1.8, sigma 70-300mm, kit lenses 18-55mm and 55-200mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also live West and would love a sunset buddy Generally it is always more fun to go out with someone and share ideas/tips. I'm about to join a camera club too, so I hope I might meet some new people there to shoot with.
    My gear: Canon 450D, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon 430EX II. My Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast