User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  72
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Meet Up for southern GC / northern NSW - sunrise & breakfast? 16/12/2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats it for me , Beddy time , See you all in the morning , A quick look outside right now , Fine , And light wispy cloud , I hope that stays till the morning , Probably the best looking morning for an AP meet we've ever had , A quick wind check and it will be light W/NW 6 knots gentle @ 4.00am , Swell 1.3 mtr , See Ya in the early hours
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill, according to gps about 1hr 5mins from Brissie see you about 3-45, looking forward to some awesome conditions in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to miss the shoot as I had promised to drive my neighbours family to the airport at 6.45am and mixed up th date it was to occur, so I'll catch you all up at Vikings for the brekky at least. I look forward to seeing you all.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a great meet everyone.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a gloomy overcast sky met us in the dim light of predawn for our 4am meeting, about 18-20 AP'ers and associated hangers on ventured onto the rock shelf to claim a place. With a rising tide and a heavy swell more than one got caught by the sea. Shoes, shorts, shirts and unfortunately cameras felt the dampness, Thankfully the cameras still operated after the splash.
    One AP'er took a spill on the rocks, thankfully only pride and a broken and bent tripod was the result, though bruises should appear in a day or so.
    Patchy light rain plagued us after dawn til we retired to the Surf Club for some well earned coffee and breakfast only to watch the cloud burn off and the sunshine blase across the beaches, the tide continued to rise and the swell continued to grow til our earlier rocky out crop was engulfed in white water.
    A most enjoyable meet with some familiar and new faces.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 'twas good until Muggins here fell over and bent all her tripod legs! Lots of people took pictures of my little contretemps so no doubt someone will put one up here soon. I got home and had a nana nap as I felt like a Bond gitl - shaken not stirred. I'll definitely be limping tomorrow.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a ball, Great meet with some seriously nice people, Really enjoyed the company , What a great bunch of APer's , We gotta do this more often, So what the weather god did'nt do it for us , That stupid Haze/Mist/Smoke stopped the colours at Sunrise , But the company and the fun was all good , BTW Odille , Jules and I agreed to post the photo's of todays antics in the "Members Mug shot" thread , I'll start posting soon , Hope you dont suffer to much in the next few days
    Last edited by William; 16-12-2012 at 2:49pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Odille I hope your injuries don't turn out as bad as the injury to your tripod.
    Thanks for arranging this mornings outing guys. Trevor & I had a most enjoyable morning.
    An awesome group of people
    Thank you & merry Christmas guys xox

CC always welcome

Cheers

Kathrine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great SE Qld meet up, been too long between meets. It was great to catch up with those not seen for a while and also to meet some new faces. We should do this again before next Christmas!!
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You Nearly Got The Weather Prediction Right Bill
    On a serious note a good social morning meeting great people.
    I work a 28/9 Roster will have to post 2013 roster up so maybe im home when SE crew organise another meet up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dbax View Post
    Well a gloomy overcast sky met us in the dim light of predawn for our 4am meeting, about 18-20 AP'ers and associated hangers on ventured onto the rock shelf to claim a place. With a rising tide and a heavy swell more than one got caught by the sea. Shoes, shorts, shirts and unfortunately cameras felt the dampness, Thankfully the cameras still operated after the splash.
    One AP'er took a spill on the rocks, thankfully only pride and a broken and bent tripod was the result, though bruises should appear in a day or so.
    Patchy light rain plagued us after dawn til we retired to the Surf Club for some well earned coffee and breakfast only to watch the cloud burn off and the sunshine blase across the beaches, the tide continued to rise and the swell continued to grow til our earlier rocky out crop was engulfed in white water.
    A most enjoyable meet with some familiar and new faces.

Dave was a pleasure to meet you and thank you very much for the advice / info
    Last edited by spiralink; 16-12-2012 at 4:25pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Was some good fun!
    Thanks all for coming out. Guess I shoulda stuck around. By the time I hit the top of tambourine, the sky was a lovely blue colour...
    Odille, sorry for near giving you a near heart attack on my way out!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed the meet up this morning, will have to do it more often I think!
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I expected photos by now , come on, someone must have had their nap and recovered enough to post something
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a great time this morning, it was good to catch up with everyone
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifor View Post
    Really enjoyed the meet up this morning, will have to do it more often I think!

Yes,w e haven't been doing enopugh. How about we try for once a month in 2013, or is that too ambitious for everyone? Suggestions for next venue
    ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest Oriellies. I hear it's nice this time of year.

I'm still yet to get a decent shot of Curtis Falls Mt Tambourine too.

Edit:

If it's Tambourine, then Camping is available in Grandma's backyard. We will be able to bed a couple in single beds.
    Bring your long lens, you can see the coast from her front varandah on a good day...
    Last edited by Rattus79; 17-12-2012 at 11:10am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Yes,w e haven't been doing enopugh. How about we try for once a month in 2013, or is that too ambitious for everyone? Suggestions for next venue
    ?
    I think monthly might work over the holiday season given people are less likely to have work/other commitments. Otherwise, even every two months or quarterly would be great.

And yep something in the bush next time could be good. Oriellies, natural bridge, any of those. For birding I think one of our members here frequents the Spit? Would give me an excuse to go get that Sigma 120-300 2.8.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's birding, I suggest Border Ranges NP, Sheep Station Creek has Camping. I saw more birds there then I could poke a stick Camera at

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    If it's birding, I suggest Border Ranges NP, Sheep Station Creek has Camping. I saw more birds there then I could poke a stick Camera at
    Yes, it's somewhere I've wanted to go for an overnighter, so I can go to the Antarctic beech forest. I wonder how busy the campground is during the school hols . . . When do you get back from Camdobia?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast