User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  72
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Meet Up for southern GC / northern NSW - sunrise & breakfast? 16/12/2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David is coming with Kerri too
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may not make it.

I climb on a plane to Cambodia on the Wednesday, so Mrs Rattus has taken it upon herself to fill the weekend with mother-in-laws.

Sounds like a real good reason to come along if you ask me!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. I have upped the reservation to 20. Greg, come along if you can escape, there'll be room. Love to meet up again.

Attendees:

Gail (gabby)
    Jayde (dulvariprestige)
    Ty13
    SkattyKat
    Trevor
    Kerri (& David)
    DavidJohn (spiralink)
    Amanda (ATP)
    Dwarak
    glenhughes
    StanW
    William
    Andrew (Boofhead)
    David (dbax)
    Julie-Anne (41jas) + Ivan
    Odille (Analog6)

Possibles:
    Greg (rattus79)

- - - Updated - - -
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good , Weather wise, It is rainy here this morning , But Sunday should be good , Odille, Didnt Stan say somewhere that he had to fly back to NZ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas Meet Up for southern GC / northern NSW - sunrise & breakfast? 16/12/2012

Looking forward to this one have not been that way in a long time I might head straight for the beach to check compositions if that's ok will meet everyone on the beach. So if you see someone with a film camera fiddling in the dark that would be me.
    Dwarak Calayampundi

Canon 5D Mark II, 7 D Lens Canon 24-105mm L Canon 16-35mm II L Canon 100mm Sigma 10-20mm Canon 50mm 1.8
    http://www.wix.com/dwarak/landscapes

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably good advice for everyone. I plan to get there about 4am Qld time and go straight down to the beach, the light comes up so early now it is mid-summer. So to everyone coming, I will park my big yellow Kia van right by the walkway down, if you arrive and see it there walk through to the beach and turn left and head for the rock. I'm really looking forward to this one too, been far too long between drinks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Guys,

Please do check to make sure you've packed both your tripod AND your baseplates!

Odille, Make sure to have your baseplate FIRMLY attached to your camera!

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    And Guys,

Please do check to make sure you've packed both your tripod AND your baseplates!

Odille, Make sure to have your baseplate FIRMLY attached to your camera!
    OH, I will be Greg. It was trying to change it from one to the other that was the problemns, but I bought a screw to replace the one I lost and 2 extra plates so I'm all covered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have to be extra carefull still by Sunday, Big 1.8mtr tides , Combined with a 1.5 to 3mtr swell , The surf is pumping with a lot of water moving about , The Tide is low @3.24am coming up to a high @10.13am , My tip is wear shoes that can get wet and are slip proof (Sort of) Sandals are good and are acceptable in Vikings , As are thongs if you wish
    Last edited by William; 14-12-2012 at 3:38pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was seeing that on the news this morning and was wondering about it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be OK , The tide will be still just under half coming in, The waves will break a long way out , But there will be a lot of Whitewater movement , It is expected to drop a tad by Sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Friday and I'm so excited about this but need to wait another day ...it's ok...I got my scotch to keep me company to pass the time away.
    Last edited by 41jas; 14-12-2012 at 8:02pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas Meet Up for southern GC / northern NSW - sunrise & breakfast? 16/12/2012

William thanks for the valuable info much appreciated its nice to know.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thanks for the reminder re shoes William - I must remeber to pack the beach shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Look'in good , Was up and at it this morning (4.00am) @ Snapper Rocks, It was already light I would suggest if you can make it 4.00 would be a good time , There was some light cloud which turned pink as the Sun came up , The swell is dropping , Dont forget Sunnies as well , You will need them by 6.30-7.00 , I'll be there early (3.45/4.00) Look for Odille's yellow van or my Nissan (White) Hatchback, I'll put a tripod on the roof (Should'nt be to many cars with a tripod on the roof) The car park at the Alley Currumbin , Duringan St , Lifeguard Tower 12, If you get lost , Give me a call on 0488224825
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone - really looking forward to tomorrow morning!
    This is my first proper sunrise shoot - and it's a seacscape - does it get any better!?
    Thanks Odille for organising and William your advice and sunrise experience is much appreciated.
    I hope you don't mind but was just wondering if anyone could help me out with two questions I have so I don't waste anyone's time in the morning..
    1. I have two tripods - a cheaper flimsier one and an expensive stronger one - which should I use? The stronger one will of course be better at combatting wind and water surges - but is it better to use the cheaper one in the salt water?
    2. I have a Canon 10-22mm wide angle which I was going to use - however someone knocked over my tripod at the recent Riverfire show in Brisbane and the plastic on the front of this lens is damaged/dented which means my ND8 filter (which I've never used - very excited!) doesn't screw on very well - I can sort of jam it in on an angle. My other lens I could use is a Canon 17-55mm - so should I just use this lens with the ND8 instead, even though it's not as good a landscape lens as the 10-22mm?
    Really appreciate your thoughts..
    Thanks,
    Amanda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Amanda , What camera are you going to use ? Then I'll get to the other questions

OK, From your profile you have a 7D, For the sunrise I would use the 10-22 , The ND filter unless it's graduated wont work , You need ND Grad filters , I have some spares that you can hand hold , I'll help or hold for you if you want , RE : Tripod, I used a cheapy for years with no worries , Seeing your gear is'nt that heavy I'd say just use the cheapy and you'll have more fun without the worry of getting sand in the legs of the goodie , Most of the good sunrise shots will only be about 1/6th to 1/10 sec , Not that long , Hope this helped - Bill
    Last edited by William; 15-12-2012 at 2:56pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It helped heaps -thanks Bill.
    No my ND filter isn't graduated, I didn't even realise but of course that's what I need - can't wait for the day learning photography stops me feeling like an idiot!
    I really appreaciate the offer of borrowing your graduated filter - thank you so much.
    See you with my cheapy tripod in the morning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is late notice but I'll be able to make it tomorrow, although might not be able to do breaky as I've got to shoot off elsewhere! Will be good to meet everyone.
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one Troy, Be good to see you again

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast