User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Remote for 7D... any feedback on this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote for 7D... any feedback on this one?

Hey all,

I like the look of this, and I was wondering if anyone here has one.... http://www.jjcphotography.com.au/bra...cid=435&sid=79

I've just emailed the company, so am now waiting on them. It looks good, and I like to be able to do different exposures without making changes on the actual camera. But I don't want to spend over 70 bucks if it isn't all that good.

Here's hoping someone here can provide some feedback, coz I like the idea of buying from somewhere in OZ, and supporting one of the sites sponsors!

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have 50 posts (but do have 30 days membership), so you should not be commenting on commercial issues per the site rules.

However, go and post 3 good CC's on someone else's photos and I'll let this thread continue

Check the Photix range from out site sponsors http://www.phottix.com/idevaffiliate...ate.php?id=117 (JJC are also sponsors)
    Last edited by Kym; 05-11-2012 at 11:20pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm - I may be missing something or stating the obvious but I think something needs to be made clear here.

This item appears to be an add on to the TC-830N3, and not a stand alone product. Is that correct? I would hate to see you buy it and then realise you need something else to make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @fess67 Not an add on, but strangely named... calling it a cord.

Should do what u ask.

I use the yougnou versions... http://www.yongnuostore.com/. Cheaper, but they work just fine. Their new flash triggers that's support ettl are fantastic for the price.
    Epicaricacy
    Canon 5Dmkiii and a variety of lenses and other bits and pieces

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kym for letting the thread continue

The explanation of it was very confusing to me too. Saying it has a cord and stuff...

I want a remote for my 7D, and what drew me to this was that it's touted as a remote for HDR photography, which I'd like to try one day. I know that the camera itself is usually adjusted to take the HDR shots, but from what I read, this actual remote can do that, and if that is the case I thought it would eliminate the likelyhood of the camera moving while making adjustments to the exposure settings....

If it can't do what I think it can do with regards to exposure for HDR, then I'll go the Youngnuo route.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at page 109 of your 7D manual. It shows you how to do AEB which will get you your HDR images. Set the shutter to H and it will take the multiple shots in one sequence with the shutter butter pressed, will let you have fun with HDR before your cord arrives