Thread: D600 vs D700

All lines lead to Home ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D600 vs D700

Ok Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone had previously owned a D700 and went for a D600. Cant see many comparisons on the web between the 600/700

I'm just in limbo between the D600 and the D800 after my D700 went for a swim.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant say much about the D600 except its an entry level full frame body (not sure if its weather shielded) I have used the D700 and its magic (discontinued but magic), built like a tank and very tough in the studio.
    Personally I dont like the amount of megapickles the D600 has as I cant afford to be buying a pile of cards as it probably does a 52MB RAW file.

Hope that helps, hope someone else (A D600 user) can help more
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In build quality and auto focus I'd assume the D700 would be superior. I believe the D600 would have the better image quality (but for the slower max shutter speed and whatnot).
    Cheers, Troy

D800; AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G; AF-S 50mm 1.8G; SB-910; || 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM 'S'; APO Teleconverter 2x DG || Phantom 2; H32D Gimbal; 5.8Ghz FPV LCD GS

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not in the market for a new FX DSLR but if I was, there are some distinct advantages to the D600.
    The 24mp Sony is excellent and certainly a notch above the D700's but whether you're gonna get better images out of it on a practical level is another story. Most measurable parameters are a little better, which is no small achievement given the already excellent 12MP D700 sensor. Only potential downside is the extra storage and possible processing power required. Are you a jpeg or RAW shooter?
    Smaller and lighter but perhaps giving up some build quality. But this is hard to quantify as it'll largely depend on how/what you subject the camera to.
    Video vs no video, plus better live view implementation.
    Although less AF points but the middle 7 points will AF to f8. Do you intend to use TC's?

If I had nothing and I was buying today, it'd be a hard decision. I'd probably give the nod to the D700 but I'm biased and have a preference for proven technology. If I was to buy a second body in addition to the D700, I'd probably get a D600. Actually I'd probably get a D800 but that wasn't the question.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arnica View Post
    Ok Guys,

comparisons on the web between the 600/700

my D700 went for a swim.

Thanks in advance
    Size and weight is what you may notice the most.
    Listed on the D600 options list is swimming lessons at the camera pool school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Street View Post
    Size and weight is what you may notice the most.
    Listed on the D600 options list is swimming lessons at the camera pool school.
    Only if its in a waterproof housing!
    Personally I wouldnt recommend the D600 as all it is in reality is a D7000 in FX.. it dosent even have as much Magnesium as the D7000
    As a friend said its a D7000 on steroids! Definately get a D700 (wish I could), it will look after you very nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by scpleta; 04-12-2012 at 1:22pm.