Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article on Manually blended HDR

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool Steve , I might check it out - focus stacking is something I've only recently started doing with landscapes as well
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think stack in LR has anything to do with focus stacking per se, but can be used for any grouping of images. They describe it for use with groups of similar images, as a way of keeping your grid display tidy. It may be just the thing i was looking for.

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sounds really handy actually - could work well for the panoramas and timelapses too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how you still focus on obtaining the correct image in the first place rather then over doing it on the pp end. Keep the articles/blog coming, always full of information!
    CC is welcomed and appreciated

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brett! will try my best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stack my images all the time (right click and stack group). I sometimes have up to 5 different images from one RAW image and it is less messy in the folders....

my question is this.... when I want to import to PS, I go 'photo', 'edit in' and click on PSE. If I have done a panorama, I have to do this to every photo singularly, which is time consuming....plus, after it has imported it has a duplicate image AND gets put to the back of the line of images showing at the bottom of LR, which makes it hard to keep track! Any suggestions on this? I know there is an easier way, but I don't know it.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just select all the photos in grid view, then right click, select edit in and bingo - all the photos are edited in PS. It was the thing that attracted me to LR in the first place.
    For a stack, you need to expand the stack, select all of them and then edit them.
    Last edited by Steve Axford; 24-10-2012 at 11:40am. Reason: to add stuff

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    monika yep - as steve said - grid view is your friend for batch work! (even batch tagging for multiple selected photos)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article on Manually blended HDR

Further to all above, to find a set of photos in amongst thousands of other, I've used Lightroom's exif search with good success. Search lens, aperture, iso, date, done.

If you tag your photos upon import its even easier to find a group, search for eg beach, pano1, date, or beach, HDR1, date, couldn't be simpler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by zollo; 24-10-2012 at 3:07pm.
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the stack function in LR as well.

I uaually it set to stack any images taken in a 1 minute time frame (usually a panorama or bracket) but you can get it to stack by shutter, ISO or Aperture ...

What does annoy me, is that you can't just right click the stack and open in autopano etc, you have to open the stack and then select them all, then send them!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    Steve - the only thing I do is tag them red on lightroom - but that's just to get all of the 'blend' images together when importing - I still get muddled at time when I've just changed compo slightly and rebracketed and things like that - would be great to hear any suggestions of alternate ways to keep it tidy in the archive!
    When I import bracketed images into LR3, the first thing I do is group them into stacks - each stack being a hdr set. I also have changed the header on the image info so it shows the exp offset used for that image. If I don't immediatley set up the stacked images before starting to process it is easy to get a bit lost with the sets. Each set I process I then add any composed images to that stack so that when I am done I can easily delete any image groups I dont want.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just started doing that from now!
    I might even do it for sections of weddings I Reckon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12