Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Assistance Required with Hahnel Giga T pro T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assistance Required with Hahnel Giga T pro T

Hi Everyone

I purchased a Hahnel Giga T pro T remote for my D700 and D3s and cannot get it to work

I have followed the instructions, have them synced to the same channel, the green light flashes and when the trigger is depressed the red light appears but it does not operate the focus or shutter

Do i need to amend/change settings on the camera ???

Cheers

Norm
    Norman

Nikon D800E x 2 Nikon D500 14-24 2.8 24-70 80-400 afs vr 200-500 afs vr 16mm 2.8 1.4 &1.7 converters Tamron 90mm SB800 SB900 Flash Adobe Lightroom CC
    My FLICKR http://www.flickr.com/photos/open_shutter_media/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been asked a couple of times:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ht=Hahnel+Giga

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ht=Hahnel+Giga

seems it is a common issue. What the solution is, I do not know
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick

Thanks very much but there is no real answer to my problem on those threads

I have looked at the u tube vids and they do not even mention adjustments to camera menu's

Maybe i'm just a klutz !!

Cheers

Norm

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or maybe everyone who has one needs to contact the company and tell them to upgrade their user manual. If there is a repeated issue with understanding how to use something, the onus should be on the manufacturer to make clear concise instructions.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick

Spot on, i am now contacting them by email and will advise when i get a response

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Norm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure if its the same thing...but on my D7000 2 of the supplied cables fit alright but only one will actually talk to the camera.

Might be clutching at straws but worth a shot i guess

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm

only the 10 pin plug fits, i tried using cable directly to the unit on the camera,,,,nothing !!! i reckon i have a faulty unit or cable, packaging was destroyed opening it so i guess i'm out of pocket !!

thanks for your help though

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Hi Everyone

I purchased a Hahnel Giga T pro T remote for my D700 and D3s and cannot get it to work

I have followed the instructions, have them synced to the same channel, the green light flashes and when the trigger is depressed the red light appears but it does not operate the focus or shutter

Do i need to amend/change settings on the camera ???

Cheers

Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Hmmm

only the 10 pin plug fits, i tried using cable directly to the unit on the camera,,,,nothing !!! i reckon i have a faulty unit or cable, packaging was destroyed opening it so i guess i'm out of pocket !!

thanks for your help though
    sounds like the receiver and transmitter are working, but of course the cable will need to be tested for continuity to be sure(or get another cable).

The other thing that may help(don't know the likelyhood tho!)

I have a Phottix 2.4Gig remote, which may be similar, but without the intervalometer features.
    Sometimes when I connect it to my D300(same 10 pin) lead I get no reaction from it too.

That is, I know it works, because 99% of the time, it works. Cable works(same cable) transmitter works, and receiver works .. it's just that it won't work!

What gets it going tho is weird.
    I need to attach it to the camera(cable) and then make sure that the camera is not on, nor is the remote devices.
    With the remotes connected(but off) and camera off, the routine for getting it to work is to first power on the camera, and then power up the remote.

This happens once in a blue moon, and no amount of plugging in and out and re plugging into the camera will get it working.

If I'm rushed and can't be bothered to do that weird routine, I just plug the transmitter directly into the camera(it also operates as a wired remote too ... or I may use my other wireless remote.

It's an annoying situation, and completely random, no rhyme nor reason for it as it usually just works.

I suppose the question is, is it a camera issue, a receiver issue or a transmitter issue .. or any combination of the three?.. it's certainly not a cable issue.

If you have a multimeter, to test the cable for continuity, I may be able to reply back with a pinout for the 10 pin connector .. otherwise just test each pin .. I think only three of the pins may be of use anyhow.

If the cable is borked, it's usually at the elbow. I've had to replace a broken cable on my other remote(and made it replaceable as opposed to the fixed line it used to be).
    If you place intermittent pressure at the elbow (10 pin end)do you get anything?
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Arthur

will try that also

cheers

Norm