Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: fire burning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fire burning

cane1.jpg

This is one of 50 images i captured last night at a local cane farm. The flames were jumping/soaring so brightly that the sensor in the camera could hardly keep up. In the end i set iso at 3200 5.6 and 1/30 and just went for it. This is the hardest project i have undertaken to date, thoroughly? satisfied with the results. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just wondering why you didn`t just spot meter on the flames at an iso of maybe 200-400 and get a faster shutter speed thereby making the tractor etc much sharper in silhouette. Just my idea on things... I like what you have achieved anyway.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's cool. Fire is not sharp, it's constantly moving & Changing, never static.

Having been put on the end of a drip torch or 2 in my time, I know just how hot that tractor would have been too!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    I think it's cool. Fire is not sharp, it's constantly moving & Changing, never static.

Having been put on the end of a drip torch or 2 in my time, I know just how hot that tractor would have been too!
    Hi rattus, i was 50 60 metres away and could still feel the heat. your right too the flames sjust shoot up and die reaaly quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the drip torch is even hotter. You have to virtually run to keep ahead of the flames. 4 and 5 metre flames less then 2-3 meters behind you and catching up.

Certainly lets you know youre alive!!