..... that Nikon Australia are a bunch of noodle-heads!!

BBC's comments .....

It seems that Nikon Australia's legendary marketing department .. yep the same geese that probably set out their pricing strategies .. thought that a fail actually equals a pass when it comes to the BBC, broadcasting and image quality certification.

They had on their web site, claims that the D4 and the D800 passed this BBC broadcast testing thingy(whatever it was supposed to be)....

and really who cares? .. as if any of us will purchase a D4 or D800 to make broadcast quality video for the BBC or whatever, and for those that do make professional video for a living, know enough about the limitations of DSLR equipment for making high end video.

So it begs the question, who did Nikon think they were fooling?

Who ever it was, they've been caught with their pants down now, and my advice is that they should all be sacked!

Every last one of those idiots should be made to pay for their idiotic blunder, and I have a proposal for how a transitional management should be set up.

Vote for me as head honcho, el presidente indefinido at Nikon's Aussie basecamp, and I'll sort out the mess that is Nikon Aus.

D4 pricing will be commensurate with expectations(ie. AU$2K max), D800 will be much more affordable at $899 with the MBD12 included, 200mm/2 pricing should be more like AU$249(incl GST of course) .. and I'll even pressure Nikon HQ to release the proper version of Android (Jelly Bean!!) to the public, prior to the introduction of the Coolpix S800c.

All I need is YOUR VOTE .. your unequivocal vote of support, a right hand man(preferably with special forces training in hand to hand combat, weapons and ballistics! ).
AND!!...... and as gratitude for your support, you all get a years subscription to AusPhotography.net, entirely for free!
(note that even non Nikon folks can vote for me too.. but no one else.. only Nikon folk reserve the right to vote for other Nikon Aus board memberships positions).

I want to know if the idiot that passed that marketing guff has been sacked ... or what?

news articles via PetaPixel.