Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ayers rock/ uluru

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rum pig View Post

Cooper peedy stop is mainly for my son of 5 years to show him the under ground houses, in theory it will be two nights one day. I thought there would be some mine tours that we could do as well once again for the young fellow to expand his mind from the realms of the cartoon world LOL.
    The "old Timers Mine" in Crowders Gully Rd would be a good mine for your son.

They have a self guided tour underground in a 1930's vintage mine which should satisfy any little (or big) boy, and twice a day they have a free demonstration of the methods and gear used in the mines out front of the building.

Seeing the big "vacuum cleaner" devices to get the muck up actually working would be a good sight for him

old time mine coober pedy by boo 53, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rum pig View Post

This sounds and looks great especially with the mad max connection. I had a look on google maps and could not see it, is it sign posted? what is the road like? I will be taking a 4X4 but not recovery gear (or minimal) as room in the car is going to be at a premium. if it just up the road it could be a good evening trip, if you have any more it would be appreciated.
    I would love to do the Oodnadatta one day maybe when my 40 has been finished.

As long as it hasn't been raining recently you should be fine, and I'm sure they'll have signs out if there is a problem

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day RP

Yes mate - the road into the Breakaways is well signposted
    As to roads & vehicles - by supa dupa 4x4 with all the recovery gear in the world is shown as my avitar - pop up a msg or two & look at it. More seriously, unless there has been recent rains the dirt road is superb

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12