User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Suprise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suprise!

Driving home the night before last and this jumped out from behind a tree when I was doing about 100 and landed directly in front of me. I nearly went through the windscreen stopping.

Picked the camera off the floor and fired a shot off a one hander at 6400 ISO whilst getting out of the way. My 11-16 was still on hence the wide shot. I followed it for about 300m down the road as it wouldn't get off or let me past. Every 50m or so it would stop and turn around and give me a "are you serious?" look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hazards of Australian roads at dusk. Don't show the cops. You're across the double line. Not bad for 6400. Shame you couldn't get a longer lens on, but good thinking to have your camera so accessible, to at least capture something.
    Cheers,

Greg
    "Photography can be an extreme sport!"

Canon: 7D + BG-E7, 60D, 580EX, 24-105 L IS F4, 100-400mm L IS F4.5-5.6, EF 1.4x III
    Sigma: 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX, 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    ...Driving home the night before last and this jumped out from behind a tree when I was doing about 100 and landed directly in front of me. I nearly went through the windscreen stopping.
    A good near-miss, Warus.

My story goes:
    BIGGER surprise!
    "Coming around a bend in a road cutting one night doing about 100 and one of these jumped out... No time to do anything, as it was about 2 m in front of the car. I heard a thwack, felt a shudder and the illumination on the road went haywire from the whacked out headlights."
    Am.

I don't know where it ended up, but I was expecting an instant roo sandwich. Luckily, it didn't happen.
    CC, Image editing OK.